    doing set up but it locks and I need ctrl-alt-delete to get out of software.
    There is some connection to the scanner because it makes some noise when I
    start the software. Any help would be appreciated.

    Bill McCaffrey, Sep 17, 2004

  2. Bill McCaffrey

    Ray Guest

    I am running win XP home with SP2,bought a dimage dual scan IV a couple of
    months ago,scanned about 1500 slide with no trouble at all,maybe you need to
    uninstall and do a reinstall.
    ray

    Ray, Sep 17, 2004

  3. Bill McCaffrey

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Bill McCaffrey"

    >I bought a new Minolta Dimage Scan Dual IV Film Scanner and it will not work
    >with Windows XP. When I double click the Minolta software icon it says it is
    >doing set up but it locks and I need ctrl-alt-delete to get out of software.
    >There is some connection to the scanner because it makes some noise when I
    >start the software. Any help would be appreciated.

    You might need to update drivers, it's pretty typical to have to update
    something to get these scanners to work when moving between operating systems
    .... check here for the latest info and also any tips on installation ...
    http://www.nikontechusa.com/

    Bill Hilton, Sep 17, 2004
  4. Bill McCaffrey

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    A friend have problems with the installation but he uninstalled it and
    reinstalled following the instructions to the letter.
    In XP you need to connect the device first, start the computer, let it
    recognize the device and then install the driver from the included CD.

    You might also download the Manual in PDF format from the Minolta site:

    http://www.minoltausa.com/eprise/main/MinoltaUSA/MUSAContent/CPG/CPG_Manua
    l/CPG_ManualDetail/DiMAGE_Scan_Dual_IV_Manual
    Rosita

    HRosita, Sep 18, 2004
  5. Bill McCaffrey

    Ryadia Guest

    Bill McCaffrey wrote:

    > I bought a new Minolta Dimage Scan Dual IV Film Scanner and it will not work
    > with Windows XP. When I double click the Minolta software icon it says it is
    > doing set up but it locks and I need ctrl-alt-delete to get out of software.
    > There is some connection to the scanner because it makes some noise when I
    > start the software. Any help would be appreciated.

    I'm not sure about your particular scanner but...
    It is standard install practice to install the software without the
    scanner being connected. Then hook up the scanner and let windows
    discover it. If you installed the scanner and then let windows find it,
    the install will most often fail.

    Ryadia

    Ryadia, Sep 18, 2004