    4
    Sometimes this Dimage scanner works great however I left it running on a Win2K station, by PC must have gone into a power save mode. When I tried to use again I got the error "Error = 5"
    Removing the scanning and related did not resolve this problem, I then plugged the Scanner into XP workstation and received an error "Error = 1" and managed to get it working on the XP PC and then it worked back on the Win2k box however the power save kicked in again and and back to square one once again, any suggestions. The user manual is next to useless it does not provide any error information and now Sony owns Minolta.
    PT_Gold, Sep 10, 2009

  2. PT_Gold

    PT_Gold

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    ok
    I found a solution after the error occurred manually loaded a neg carrier, then loaded Minolta software. At the this point the Minolta software starts to load and will prompt you to remove the carrier and close the door. Once this completes the software will work normally once again. At this point you can use the scanner again
    I hope this will help anyone else with the Dimage Scan Dual II scanner, unfortunately the drivers have issues

    Cheers Bill
    Whew!!
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
    PT_Gold, Sep 11, 2009

  3. PT_Gold

    PT_Gold

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    POS software is totally Lame, I tried everything sometimes it and 90% of the time it fails to load, probably why its not Digitally certified with Microsoft.

    Geeze I am getting more gray hair over this darn scanner
    PT_Gold, Sep 12, 2009