    Will post my experience with the scanner as soon as I get it installed and my
    hands stop shaking from exitment.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Jul 18, 2003

  2. "HRosita" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    SNIP
    > Will post my experience with the scanner as soon as I get it installed and

    my
    > hands stop shaking from exitment.

    That would be appreciated, especially if you have some Provia to scan, with
    and without the built-in diffuser. A comparison with an earlier scan of
    Color negative film would also reveal the reduced grain aliasing you should
    get from the higher resolution.

    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Jul 19, 2003

  3. HRosita

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    >Bart van der Wolf wrote:

    >That would be appreciated, especially if you have some Provia to scan, with
    >and without the built-in diffuser.

    Sorry,
    I stopped using slide film about 8 years ago. Most of my slides are Velvia and
    Kodak.
    Right now I am having trouble installing the scanner on a Win98 system. It
    keeps asking for the Win CD but still cannot find the file.
    I am getting a new PC in about 10 days so that is not a big deal. For now I
    will install it on a laptop running XP.

    Rosita
    HRosita, Jul 19, 2003
  4. "HRosita" <> wrote in message
    SNIP
    > Right now I am having trouble installing the scanner on a Win98 system. It
    > keeps asking for the Win CD but still cannot find the file.

    Although the documentation indicates Win98 and up, I wouldn't be surprised
    if it needs the Win98 SE as a minimum, due to the improved USB support.

    > I am getting a new PC in about 10 days so that is not a big deal. For now

    > will install it on a laptop running XP.

    That will probably work more stable anyway. Good luck and enjoy what seems
    to be a cool tool.

    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Jul 19, 2003