    both through the little peephole and on the lcd screen, washed out and
    grainy? I just got the camera and am having trouble focusing with
    these displays (even with AF). Thanks for your comments.
    htp, Aug 24, 2005

  2. htp

    Prometheus Guest

    In article <>, htp
    <> writes
    >Is it my imagination or is the display in the electronic viewfinder,
    >both through the little peephole and on the lcd screen, washed out and
    >grainy? I just got the camera and am having trouble focusing with
    >these displays (even with AF). Thanks for your comments.

    They are LCD, what did you expect!
    --
    Ian G8ILZ
    Prometheus, Aug 24, 2005

  3. htp

    wavelength Guest

    I got used to it. Using DMF helps. It's similar to most of the rest of
    the EVF's in this class of camera.

    Watch out for the low light focusing also. Not the greatest. Once you
    get used to these weaknesses, you can work around them though. I've
    taken some great shots with this camera.

    Changing the focusing mode helps, press the center button on the
    control rocker, and then rotate the little wheel behind the shutter
    release. Theres a spot focus setting, and an 11 zone selectable mode. I
    usually use the latter, and press the center button on the controller
    to quickly select another spot, or leave it on center for action shots
    of the kids.

    http://brizfam.blogspot.com for some examples.
    wavelength, Aug 24, 2005
  4. htp

    htp Guest

    Thanks for the reassurance. I was worried that my new baby was
    defective. After playing around for a day, I am getting used to the
    EVF and screen. I like the variety of focusing options, too. BTW,
    nice pix.
    htp, Aug 25, 2005
  5. htp

    htp Guest

    Thanks, I was worried that it might be defective.
    htp, Aug 25, 2005