    Have any of you had anything like this happen? If not, can you at
    least tell me the word I'm looking for to describe it.

    Thanks

    Paddler, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Paddler

    SleeperMan Guest

    Paddler wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I've been happy with this camera but its developing a problem.
    >
    > At 28MM on the zoom, it doesn't cover the full field of vision. In
    > other words, the corners are dark. I'm sure there's a word for this
    > but I can't think of it.
    >
    > When I zoom it to about 35mm, all seems to be fine. I am not aware of
    > anything that has happened to the camera to cause this.
    >
    > Have any of you had anything like this happen? If not, can you at
    > least tell me the word I'm looking for to describe it.
    >
    > Thanks

    It's called vigneting - dark corners. It happens with all big zoom cameras,
    some more, some less. You can read a review here

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/minoltadimage7i/

    in page 14 there's a photo of your problem.

    SleeperMan, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Paddler

    Jer Guest

    Paddler wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I've been happy with this camera but its developing a problem.
    >
    > At 28MM on the zoom, it doesn't cover the full field of vision. In
    > other words, the corners are dark. I'm sure there's a word for this
    > but I can't think of it.
    >
    > When I zoom it to about 35mm, all seems to be fine. I am not aware of
    > anything that has happened to the camera to cause this.
    >
    > Have any of you had anything like this happen? If not, can you at
    > least tell me the word I'm looking for to describe it.
    >
    > Thanks

    Did you recently start using a different lens hood?

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Jer, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Paddler

    Eddie B. Guest

    I can't seem to get my lens hood on straight, and it isn't very tight
    anyway, so that as it rotates loose it worsens the vignetting. in 2 corners.

    If it is critical, I take the hood off and stand in some shade!

    Eddie B

    Eddie B., Oct 25, 2004
  5. Paddler

    Paddler Guest

    I'll go home and experiment with both the lens hood and the skylight
    filter. It only recently started so it could easily be one of those.

    Paddler, Oct 25, 2004
  6. Paddler

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    Do you have a filter on the camera?
    What you describe is called (I believe) vignetting. Sometime lens hoods also
    cause dark corners..
    Rosita

    HRosita, Oct 26, 2004
  7. Paddler

    Paddler Guest

    As near as I could tell last night, it is the lens hood causing the
    problem. That's the kind of fix I was hoping for. thanks for the
    advice.
    Al

    Paddler, Oct 26, 2004