    less bumped against anything. Have any other owners of 7HI's experienced
    this problem. I have returned it to Minolta for repairs.

    Rick
    Rick Todd, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Rick Todd

    Mike Fields Guest

    Slide switch ?? You mean the rotary knob on top used to
    turn the camera on ?? I've had mine for a year or so with
    no problems (other than the autofocus and I don't agree
    on things and the distance scale in the viewfinder seems to
    be in feet even though it says meters). I still have not found
    all the options to fiddle with yet !! There was a range of
    serial numbers that I remember having problems with developing
    cracks in the cases from screws being over tightened.

    --
    Mike "mikey" Fields
    http://home.comcast.net/~mike.fields/

    Linux users brag on how long their system stays up,
    Window users assume it's a temporary condition ...

    "Rick Todd" <> wrote in message
    > I have had my 7HI for approximately 6 months. Recently the Slide Switch

    used
    > to turn the camera on split in half. The camera has never been dropped

    much

    Mike Fields, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Rick Todd

    Rick Todd Guest

    It's refered to in the manual as the Mode Dial Release. It unlocks the Mode
    Dial to allow you to select the various modes( Recording Mode, etc.) which
    essentially is turning the camera on.

    Rick Todd, Nov 30, 2003
  4. Rick Todd

    Mike Fields Guest

    OK, I see what you are talking about. As near as I can tell, that
    is just a simple mechanical release not a switch (I was trying to
    visualize a real switch and could not find it on my camera).
    It seems to be just a spring loaded latch that drops into a
    notch in the camera housing to lock it in the off position. Have
    not had any problems with mine and I do not remember anyone
    else commenting on that problem.

    Mike Fields, Dec 1, 2003