    What do people think of Minolta SLR's and the new DSLR (I know no one has
    really seen one yet). Are they up there with Canon and Nikon, are they
    better? I heard there lenses are considered very good.

    Marli, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Marli

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Marli"

    >What do people think of Minolta SLR's and the new DSLR (I know no one has
    >really seen one yet). Are they up there with Canon and Nikon, are they
    >better?

    Lisa's report on the clay model under glass was so compelling I'm selling off
    my Canon L lenses and my wife's 10D and eagerly waiting for the moment I can
    buy the Minolta dSLR!

    Bill
    (Seriously, if you already own a lot of quality Minolta lenses it's probably
    worthwhile to wait but basically it sounded similar to the Canon 10D and the
    Nikon D100, which have been out for quite a while ... except for the AS
    feature, which sounds very nice indeed).

    Bill Hilton, Feb 14, 2004

  3. Marli

    druidh Guest

    "Bill Hilton" <> wrote in message
    > >From: "Marli"

    > >What do people think of Minolta SLR's and the new DSLR (I know no one has
    > >really seen one yet). Are they up there with Canon and Nikon, are they
    > >better?

    > Lisa's report on the clay model under glass was so compelling I'm selling

    off
    > my Canon L lenses and my wife's 10D and eagerly waiting for the moment I

    can
    > buy the Minolta dSLR!
    >
    > Bill
    > (Seriously, if you already own a lot of quality Minolta lenses it's

    probably
    > worthwhile to wait but basically it sounded similar to the Canon 10D and

    the
    > Nikon D100, which have been out for quite a while ... except for the AS
    > feature, which sounds very nice indeed).

    I've a few Minolta lenses - including a couple of the Xi range. Any idea
    what range of lenses are likely to be compatible?

    druidh

    druidh, Feb 14, 2004
  4. All Minolta AF-lenses should be compatible, but only the lastest (D) types
    will provide distance information for the metering system of the Dynax 7
    (digital).
    And yes, Minolta is known for their high quality lenses. Although nobody
    can say that their lenses are generally better than those of Canon, Nikon or
    Leica.
    Martin

    Martin Doppelbauer, Feb 14, 2004