    My question - I have read something about the JPEG resolution being
    different from the RAW resolution. What's this about? I have not heard
    anything about this from my friend. Thanks.
    Steven Wandy, Jan 10, 2004

  2. > My question - I have read something about the JPEG resolution being
    > different from the RAW resolution. What's this about? I have not heard
    > anything about this from my friend. Thanks.

    Yep, that seems to be the case, see also thread "Minolta A1 - RAW vs. JPG -
    will there be a firmware update?" date 9-1-2004 in this group.
    You may want to take a look at the resolution charts at dpreview
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/minoltadimagea1/page15.asp

    Paul
    Paul van Andel, Jan 10, 2004

  3. Steven Wandy

    browntimdc Guest

    "Steven Wandy" <> wrote in

    > My friend just got the A1 (to replace the Oly C700). He shoots
    > entirely in JPEG and is really enjoying the camera and the resulting
    > prints. My question - I have read something about the JPEG resolution
    > being different from the RAW resolution. What's this about? I have not
    > heard anything about this from my friend. Thanks.

    The A1 gets a slightly better result shooting test charts in RAW but my
    'real world' shots look just as fine in JPG as RAW.

    Tim

    --

    "The strongest human instinct is to impart information,
    and the second strongest is to resist it."

    Kenneth Graham
    browntimdc, Jan 11, 2004
  4. Steven Wandy

    Dave Brown Guest

    I recently took some shots down in Tarpon Springs Florida, of the
    Sponge fleet (ships), and there were many lines, masts, etc. I saw no
    aborations in resolutions, nice continous lines and colors. I think
    that really close horizontal/vertical lines is where this can be seen
    on ANY digicam. I find it less a problem in real world application.

    db

    Dave Brown, Jan 12, 2004