    Any ideas?
    Regards.
    Stu.

    Stu, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Stu

    Marli Guest

    Try upping the shutter speed when light is available.

    "Stu" <sillyness@PAIN_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi all.
    > As the subject line really. I have the camera set to program mode & it

    will
    > produce some blurred images in daylight, when the flash is not used.

    Should

    Marli, Nov 24, 2003

  3. Stu

    Browntimdc Guest

    > Hi all.
    > As the subject line really. I have the camera set to program mode & it
    > will produce some blurred images in daylight, when the flash is not
    > used. Should I set the camera to shutter priority mode & 1/90' ? It is
    > used mostly for outdoor, daylight shots.
    > Any ideas?
    > Regards.
    > Stu.

    Is the shutter speed indeed too slow or is it misfocusing?

    Tim

    --

    "The strongest human instinct is to impart information,
    and the second strongest is to resist it."

    Kenneth Graham

    Browntimdc, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Stu

    Mikey Guest

    Blurred can mean a lot of things. Is it focusing on the wrong part of the
    image? ( try spot focus), or not focusing at all, or motion blurred, or
    blurred from camera shake?
    How about putting a few online so we can see the problem and the cause?

    One suggestion...make SURE your not shaking the camera if your using the
    lens near the telephoto end of it's zoom range, it's actually a pretty long
    lens and has to be held pretty steady for good results unless the shutter
    speed is very high. Try some tripod shots, see if that changes things.

    --

    Mikey
    http://www.mike721.com

    Mikey, Nov 25, 2003
  5. Stu

    neil Guest

    I have just got a Z1 and finding also photos are blurred

    moving subjects in dull light (on Sunday river Wye taking photos of
    kayakers)
    I have tried to simulate it with a still object and by panning the camera

    Same blurring happen then I tried it with the flash on and it was ok

    I'm new to this type of camera what can I do to stop this ?

    Neil

    "Mikey" <> wrote in message
    > Blurred can mean a lot of things. Is it focusing on the wrong part of the
    > image? ( try spot focus), or not focusing at all, or motion blurred, or
    > blurred from camera shake?
    > How about putting a few online so we can see the problem and the cause?
    >
    > One suggestion...make SURE your not shaking the camera if your using the
    > lens near the telephoto end of it's zoom range, it's actually a pretty

    long
    > lens and has to be held pretty steady for good results unless the shutter
    > speed is very high. Try some tripod shots, see if that changes things.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mikey
    > http://www.mike721.com
    >

    > "Stu" <sillyness@PAIN_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hi all.
    > > As the subject line really. I have the camera set to program mode & it

    > will
    > > produce some blurred images in daylight, when the flash is not used.

    > Should
    > > I set the camera to shutter priority mode & 1/90' ? It is used mostly

    for
    > > outdoor, daylight shots.
    > > Any ideas?
    > > Regards.
    > > Stu.

    ---

    neil, Nov 25, 2003
  6. Stu

    Stu Guest

    HI all
    "neil" <> wrote in message
    > I have just got a Z1 and finding also photos are blurred
    >
    > moving subjects in dull light (on Sunday river Wye taking photos of
    > kayakers)
    > I have tried to simulate it with a still object and by panning the camera
    >
    > Same blurring happen then I tried it with the flash on and it was ok
    >
    > I'm new to this type of camera what can I do to stop this ?
    >

    > Neil
    >

    > "Mikey" <> wrote in message
    > > Blurred can mean a lot of things. Is it focusing on the wrong part of

    the
    > > image? ( try spot focus), or not focusing at all, or motion blurred, or
    > > blurred from camera shake?
    > > How about putting a few online so we can see the problem and the cause?
    > >
    > > One suggestion...make SURE your not shaking the camera if your using the
    > > lens near the telephoto end of it's zoom range, it's actually a pretty

    > long
    > > lens and has to be held pretty steady for good results unless the

    shutter
    > > speed is very high. Try some tripod shots, see if that changes things.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Mikey
    > > http://www.mike721.com
    > >

    > > "Stu" <sillyness@PAIN_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > > Hi all.
    > > > As the subject line really. I have the camera set to program mode & it

    > > will
    > > > produce some blurred images in daylight, when the flash is not used.

    > > Should
    > > > I set the camera to shutter priority mode & 1/90' ? It is used mostly

    > for
    > > > outdoor, daylight shots.
    > > > Any ideas?
    > > > Regards.
    > > > Stu.
    > > >

    > ---

    Thanks for your replies. I will try upping the shutter speed by putting it
    in shutter priority mode. I will start with 1/90'. Do any of you think that
    this will be enough?
    Regards.
    Stu.

    Stu, Nov 25, 2003
  7. Stu

    Browntimdc Guest

    > HI all

    > Thanks for your replies. I will try upping the shutter speed by
    > putting it in shutter priority mode. I will start with 1/90'. Do any
    > of you think that this will be enough?
    > Regards.
    > Stu.

    Heard of the 1/FL rule? Take the reciprocal of the focal length as a ball
    park minimum. So about 1/30 for the lens at 28mm ranging to 1/250 for
    200mm.

    Tim

    Browntimdc, Nov 25, 2003
  8. Stu

    Stu Guest

    "Browntimdc" <browntR*E*M*O*V*> wrote in message
    > "Stu" <sillyness@PAIN_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    >
    > > HI all

    > > Thanks for your replies. I will try upping the shutter speed by
    > > putting it in shutter priority mode. I will start with 1/90'. Do any
    > > of you think that this will be enough?
    > > Regards.
    > > Stu.
    > >

    > Heard of the 1/FL rule? Take the reciprocal of the focal length as a ball
    > park minimum. So about 1/30 for the lens at 28mm ranging to 1/250 for
    > 200mm.
    >
    > Tim
    >
    > --
    >
    > "The strongest human instinct is to impart information,
    > and the second strongest is to resist it."
    >
    > Kenneth Graham

    Hi all
    Do you mean the reciprocity law? yep. I have but I am a complete amateur
    with photography. I am thinking of getting a program flash for my camera, as
    it does seem to work better with the flash.
    Regards.
    Stu.

    Stu, Nov 25, 2003
  9. Stu

    J. A. Mc. Guest

    On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:45:33 GMT, Browntimdc
    <browntR*E*M*O*V*> found these unused words floating about:

    >"Stu" <sillyness@PAIN_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    >
    >> HI all

    >> Thanks for your replies. I will try upping the shutter speed by
    >> putting it in shutter priority mode. I will start with 1/90'. Do any
    >> of you think that this will be enough?
    >> Regards.
    >> Stu.
    >>

    >Heard of the 1/FL rule? Take the reciprocal of the focal length as a ball
    >park minimum. So about 1/30 for the lens at 28mm ranging to 1/250 for
    >200mm.
    >
    >Tim

    .... and if anything in the scene is moving ... double the speed!
    (1/30 => 1/60)

    J. A. Mc., Nov 25, 2003
  10. Stu

    Browntimdc Guest

    > "Browntimdc" <browntR*E*M*O*V*> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Heard of the 1/FL rule? Take the reciprocal of the focal length as a
    >> ball park minimum. So about 1/30 for the lens at 28mm ranging to
    >> 1/250 for 200mm.
    >>
    >> Tim
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> "The strongest human instinct is to impart information,
    >> and the second strongest is to resist it."
    >>
    >> Kenneth Graham

    > Hi all
    > Do you mean the reciprocity law?

    No! I mean the rule that states the longer the lens the faster the
    shutter speed needed. I don't see how you got reciprocity out of what I
    wrote above. Sheesh!

    Tim

    Browntimdc, Nov 25, 2003
  11. Stu

    Mike Fields Guest

    I presume you are referring to the 35mm film camera equiv. focal length
    there. My 7Hi goes from 7-50 mm (equiv to 200 mm). There aint no
    way you are going to hold that fully zoomed at 1/50 sec and not have
    blurring !! And yes, that rule is a good guide line for the LOWEST
    shutter speed you should be using. I am willing to live with a little more
    noise to double the shutter speed by bumping the ISO up.

    --
    Mike "mikey" Fields
    http://home.comcast.net/~mike.fields/

    Linux users brag on how long their system stays up,
    Window users assume it's a temporary condition ...

    Mike Fields, Nov 26, 2003