    RENE 2FUN Guest

    anybody have this 35mm scanner?

    is it better then the Nikon 4000dpi?
    RENE 2FUN, Jul 14, 2003

  2. RENE 2FUN

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    I am waiting for mine. It is on backorder.

    I don't know about the Nikon 4000 but the Minolta Elite is much better than the
    Nikon IV.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Jul 14, 2003

  3. RENE 2FUN

    Tim Boniwell Guest

    "Katie Piecrust" <NoSpam!> wrote in message
    > http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Scanners/Minolta/page_1.htm
    >
    > "RENE 2FUN" <> wrote in message
    >
    > anybody have this 35mm scanner?
    >
    > is it better then the Nikon 4000dpi?

    I have one. I cannot compare it with the Nikon LS4000 since I haven't used
    one of those, but in the UK it is about half the price, has a higher
    resolution, same (or better?) bit depth etc. It might be slower than the
    Nikon (?) and it cannot take the various adapters for APS, bulk slides, 36
    exp uncut films etc. It can batch scan, but in negative (or unmounted
    transparency) strips of up to 6 frames and mounted slides up to four slides
    at a time.

    So far I am delighted with the quality of results, although the software
    could be more sophisicated, and operation, especially for anything other
    than basic "raw" scans could be quicker. (I use it with firewire
    connection). I have produced some fantastically sharp B&W prints with very
    little trouble. I am still experimenting, but happy so far.

    I suggest you have a look at the NG comp.periphs.scanners for discussions on
    this and the world of scanning.

    Tim Boniwell
    Tim Boniwell, Jul 14, 2003