    My van is identical to the ones the US Post office uses...
    and they all have window grates.

    Maybe I should ask the post office?

    philo, Jan 17, 2008

  2. philo

    philo Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > philo wrote:
    >
    > > I have been searching on Google but absolutely cannot find anyplace that
    > > can supply anti-theft windows security grates for a Dodge mini-van.
    > >
    > > It's a company-provided service vehicle and I've just been given the OK
    > > to get them installed...but no one in town seems to know where or who
    > > supplies them.

    > Small town?

    Yes, I live in Milwaukee, WI

    metropolitan area is maybe 2 million or so.

    can't get much smaller than that !

    philo, Jan 17, 2008

  3. philo wrote:

    > I have been searching on Google but absolutely cannot find anyplace that
    > can supply anti-theft windows security grates for a Dodge mini-van.
    >
    > It's a company-provided service vehicle and I've just been given the OK
    > to get them installed...but no one in town seems to know where or who
    > supplies them.

    Small town?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 17, 2008
  4. philo

    chuckie® Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > I have been searching on Google but absolutely cannot find anyplace that

    can
    > supply anti-theft windows security grates for a Dodge mini-van.
    >
    > It's a company-provided service vehicle and I've just been given the OK
    > to get them installed...but no one in town seems to know where or who
    > supplies them.
    >
    > My van is identical to the ones the US Post office uses...
    > and they all have window grates.
    >
    > Maybe I should ask the post office?

    Go to google, and enter 'van window security screens'. I got 1,980,000 in
    ..26 seconds, don't know what you're looking for, if these aren't them...luck

    chuckie®, Jan 18, 2008
  5. philo

    Guest

    "chuckie®" <> wrote:

    >"philo" <> wrote in message
    >> I have been searching on Google but absolutely cannot find anyplace that

    >can
    >> supply anti-theft windows security grates for a Dodge mini-van.
    >>
    >> It's a company-provided service vehicle and I've just been given the OK
    >> to get them installed...but no one in town seems to know where or who
    >> supplies them.
    >>
    >> My van is identical to the ones the US Post office uses...
    >> and they all have window grates.
    >>
    >> Maybe I should ask the post office?

    >Go to google, and enter 'van window security screens'. I got 1,980,000 in
    >.26 seconds, don't know what you're looking for, if these aren't them...luck

    With pictures even - .18 seconds :)
    www.google.com/products?q=van window security screens&btnG=Search Products

    --

    http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1543561453&size=l

    , Jan 18, 2008
  6. philo wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> philo wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have been searching on Google but absolutely cannot find anyplace
    >> > that can supply anti-theft windows security grates for a Dodge
    >> > mini-van.
    >> >
    >> > It's a company-provided service vehicle and I've just been given the
    >> > OK to get them installed...but no one in town seems to know where or
    >> > who supplies them.

    >> Small town?
    >>

    > Yes, I live in Milwaukee, WI
    >
    > metropolitan area is maybe 2 million or so.

    Milwaukee's bigger than Detroit, now? I did not know that.

    > can't get much smaller than that !

    Yeahright. :) I just thought it odd that nobody knows how to get
    something like that.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 18, 2008
  7. philo

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:28:54 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:

    >I have been searching on Google but absolutely cannot find anyplace that can
    >supply anti-theft windows security grates for a Dodge mini-van.
    >
    >It's a company-provided service vehicle and I've just been given the OK
    >to get them installed...but no one in town seems to know where or who
    >supplies them.
    >
    >My van is identical to the ones the US Post office uses...
    >and they all have window grates.
    >
    >Maybe I should ask the post office?

    See if you can find out if the Talon is still available.

    http://www.espphotography.com/ebay/y2krv/

    Evan Platt, Jan 18, 2008
  8. philo

    > philo wrote:
    >

    > > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    > >> Small town?
    > >>

    > > Yes, I live in Milwaukee, WI
    > >
    > > metropolitan area is maybe 2 million or so.

    > Milwaukee's bigger than Detroit, now? I did not know that.
    >
    > > can't get much smaller than that !

    > Yeahright. :) I just thought it odd that nobody knows how to get
    > something like that.

    Yes I've called several security places...googled and looked in the phone
    book
    and have not yet come up with anything.

    Anyway, the city of Milwaukee itself, has actually dropped in population...
    but the actual metropolitan area has increased in size dramatically.

    Milwaukee itself is pretty close to becoming a suburb of Chicago.
    Heck, it's a very quick train ride...not even an hour and a half.
    I even worked in Chicago for about 6 months...while still living in
    Milwaukee.

    As to Detroit...with the auto industry now down the tubes...
    I suppose it's no where near what it used to be

    philo, Jan 18, 2008
  9. philo

    philo Guest

    "chuckie®" <> wrote in message
    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    > > I have been searching on Google but absolutely cannot find anyplace that

    > can
    > > supply anti-theft windows security grates for a Dodge mini-van.
    > >
    > > It's a company-provided service vehicle and I've just been given the OK
    > > to get them installed...but no one in town seems to know where or who
    > > supplies them.
    > >
    > > My van is identical to the ones the US Post office uses...
    > > and they all have window grates.
    > >
    > > Maybe I should ask the post office?
    > >

    > Go to google, and enter 'van window security screens'. I got 1,980,000 in
    > .26 seconds, don't know what you're looking for, if these aren't

    them...luck

    Thanks...I was entering terms such as "van window security" and got more
    hits for security software for Miscrosoft Windows <G>

    philo, Jan 18, 2008
  10. philo

    philo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "chuckie®" <> wrote:
    >
    > >"philo" <> wrote in message
    > >> I have been searching on Google but absolutely cannot find anyplace

    that
    > >can
    > >> supply anti-theft windows security grates for a Dodge mini-van.
    > >>
    > >> It's a company-provided service vehicle and I've just been given the OK
    > >> to get them installed...but no one in town seems to know where or who
    > >> supplies them.
    > >>
    > >> My van is identical to the ones the US Post office uses...
    > >> and they all have window grates.
    > >>
    > >> Maybe I should ask the post office?

    > >Go to google, and enter 'van window security screens'. I got 1,980,000

    in
    > >.26 seconds, don't know what you're looking for, if these aren't

    them...luck

    > With pictures even - .18 seconds :)
    > www.google.com/products?q=van window security screens&btnG=Search Products

    Thank you...
    I normally have no problems doing google searches...but for some reason I
    blew it !

    Anyway ...my previous van had those security screens...and it was the ONLY
    company vehicle I even had that was never broken into.

    The last time...the theives actually took a few things of value...

    most of the time they break a $300 window to take $10 worth of parking meter
    change!

    philo, Jan 18, 2008
  11. philo

    philo Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:28:54 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I have been searching on Google but absolutely cannot find anyplace that

    can
    > >supply anti-theft windows security grates for a Dodge mini-van.
    > >
    > >It's a company-provided service vehicle and I've just been given the OK
    > >to get them installed...but no one in town seems to know where or who
    > >supplies them.
    > >
    > >My van is identical to the ones the US Post office uses...
    > >and they all have window grates.
    > >
    > >Maybe I should ask the post office?

    > See if you can find out if the Talon is still available.
    >
    > http://www.espphotography.com/ebay/y2krv/

    That's it!!!!\
    thank you.

    I'm going to get one right now and put it on my expense account...
    it's probably less money than my boss wastes each year~~~~!!!!

    philo, Jan 18, 2008
  12. philo

    catchme Guest

    chuckie® wrote:
    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >> I have been searching on Google but absolutely cannot find anyplace that

    > can
    >> supply anti-theft windows security grates for a Dodge mini-van.
    >>
    >> It's a company-provided service vehicle and I've just been given the OK
    >> to get them installed...but no one in town seems to know where or who
    >> supplies them.
    >>
    >> My van is identical to the ones the US Post office uses...
    >> and they all have window grates.
    >>
    >> Maybe I should ask the post office?
    >>

    > Go to google, and enter 'van window security screens'. I got 1,980,000 in
    > .26 seconds, don't know what you're looking for, if these aren't them...luck

    any chance "window security screens" will return results for "firewall?"

    catchme, Jan 18, 2008
  13. philo

    philo Guest

    "catchme" <> wrote in message
    chuckie® wrote:
    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >> I have been searching on Google but absolutely cannot find anyplace that

    > can
    >> supply anti-theft windows security grates for a Dodge mini-van.
    >>
    >> It's a company-provided service vehicle and I've just been given the OK
    >> to get them installed...but no one in town seems to know where or who
    >> supplies them.
    >>
    >> My van is identical to the ones the US Post office uses...
    >> and they all have window grates.
    >>
    >> Maybe I should ask the post office?
    >>

    > Go to google, and enter 'van window security screens'. I got 1,980,000 in
    > .26 seconds, don't know what you're looking for, if these aren't

    them...luck

    any chance "window security screens" will return results for "firewall?"

    I did *finally* find a place in town...
    but most "window security" hits were for virus checkers and firewalls etc.

    the real secret was using the word "screen"

    that did the trick...i had been trying such things as "bars", "mesh" and
    "grates"

    Not too often that I need help using Google <G>

    But thanks for all those who helped!

    I am sure some crack addict got $20 for my tools...
    which is costing my employer $500 to replace.

    Good thing they were in a hurry and left most of the stuff still in the van.

    It was just a quick smash, grab and run

    philo, Jan 18, 2008
  14. philo

    chuckie® Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "chuckie®" <> wrote in message
    > > "philo" <> wrote in message
    > > > I have been searching on Google but absolutely cannot find anyplace

    that
    > > can
    > > > supply anti-theft windows security grates for a Dodge mini-van.
    > > >
    > > > It's a company-provided service vehicle and I've just been given the

    OK
    > > > to get them installed...but no one in town seems to know where or who
    > > > supplies them.
    > > >
    > > > My van is identical to the ones the US Post office uses...
    > > > and they all have window grates.
    > > >
    > > > Maybe I should ask the post office?
    > > >

    > > Go to google, and enter 'van window security screens'. I got 1,980,000

    in
    > > .26 seconds, don't know what you're looking for, if these aren't

    > them...luck
    > >

    > Thanks...I was entering terms such as "van window security" and got more
    > hits for security software for Miscrosoft Windows <G>

    No problem, glad I could actually help...luck...

    chuckie®, Jan 18, 2008
  15. philo

    philo Guest

    window grates.

    > > > Go to google, and enter 'van window security screens'. I got

    1,980,000
    > in
    > > > .26 seconds, don't know what you're looking for, if these aren't

    > > them...luck
    > > >

    > > Thanks...I was entering terms such as "van window security" and got more
    > > hits for security software for Miscrosoft Windows <G>
    > >

    > No problem, glad I could actually help...luck...

    The stuff is now on order...
    I suppose someone will break in and still them once installed !

    philo, Jan 19, 2008
  16. philo wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> philo wrote:
    >>

    >> > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >> > Yes, I live in Milwaukee, WI
    >> >
    >> > metropolitan area is maybe 2 million or so.

    >> Milwaukee's bigger than Detroit, now? I did not know that.
    >>
    >> > can't get much smaller than that !

    >> Yeahright. :) I just thought it odd that nobody knows how to get
    >> something like that.
    >>

    > Yes I've called several security places...googled and looked in the phone
    > book
    > and have not yet come up with anything.
    >
    > Anyway, the city of Milwaukee itself, has actually dropped in
    > population... but the actual metropolitan area has increased in size
    > dramatically.
    >
    > Milwaukee itself is pretty close to becoming a suburb of Chicago. Heck,
    > it's a very quick train ride...not even an hour and a half. I even worked
    > in Chicago for about 6 months...while still living in Milwaukee.

    I took the newish L.A. subway/el system today for only the second time
    in the few years it's been around. Had an urge to go down to Chinatown,
    and didn't want to drive or have to deal with parking. Had a fun day and
    a wonderful lunch, and the $5 all-day pass for the trains and buses
    probably didn't cost me any more than gas and parking would've.

    > As to Detroit...with the auto industry now down the tubes... I suppose
    > it's no where near what it used to be

    Yeah -- the population has declined. I just saw some numbers the other
    day that showed Michigan being the only state for the period (I think it
    was 2007, but I'm not sure) that lost population. I was living in
    Michigan when the US auto biz went in the dumper the first time in the
    1970s. It was really bad -- when Detriot hurts so do all of the parts
    suppliers that are (or were) scattered all over southern Michigan.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 19, 2008
  17. philo

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > > Yes I've called several security places...googled and looked in the

    phone
    > > book
    > > and have not yet come up with anything.
    > >
    > > Anyway, the city of Milwaukee itself, has actually dropped in
    > > population... but the actual metropolitan area has increased in size
    > > dramatically.
    > >
    > > Milwaukee itself is pretty close to becoming a suburb of Chicago. Heck,
    > > it's a very quick train ride...not even an hour and a half. I even

    worked
    > > in Chicago for about 6 months...while still living in Milwaukee.

    > I took the newish L.A. subway/el system today for only the second time
    > in the few years it's been around. Had an urge to go down to Chinatown,
    > and didn't want to drive or have to deal with parking. Had a fun day and
    > a wonderful lunch, and the $5 all-day pass for the trains and buses
    > probably didn't cost me any more than gas and parking would've.
    >
    > > As to Detroit...with the auto industry now down the tubes... I suppose
    > > it's no where near what it used to be

    > Yeah -- the population has declined. I just saw some numbers the other
    > day that showed Michigan being the only state for the period (I think it
    > was 2007, but I'm not sure) that lost population. I was living in
    > Michigan when the US auto biz went in the dumper the first time in the
    > 1970s. It was really bad -- when Detriot hurts so do all of the parts
    > suppliers that are (or were) scattered all over southern Michigan.

    Been to LA many times...I sure as hell would not want to do anything there
    that involved driving!
    Durning non-peak traffic ...it took me 2 hours to get across town!
    I think I could deal with the subway.

    I much prefer Manhattan. Unless the weather is really bad and a cab ride is
    needed...
    one can walk virtually anywhere in a half hour or so.
    Best thing I like about walking everywhere is that I can eat as much as I
    want and not gain any weight!

    As to Detroit. The auto industry has had several major warings going back 30
    years ago...
    but they pretty much ignored them...and are now in bad shape

    philo, Jan 19, 2008
  18. philo wrote:

    > <snip>
    >> >

    >> > Yes I've called several security places...googled and looked in the

    > phone
    >> > book
    >> > and have not yet come up with anything.
    >> >
    >> > Anyway, the city of Milwaukee itself, has actually dropped in
    >> > population... but the actual metropolitan area has increased in size
    >> > dramatically.
    >> >
    >> > Milwaukee itself is pretty close to becoming a suburb of Chicago.
    >> > Heck, it's a very quick train ride...not even an hour and a half. I
    >> > even

    > worked
    >> > in Chicago for about 6 months...while still living in Milwaukee.

    >> I took the newish L.A. subway/el system today for only the second time
    >> in the few years it's been around. Had an urge to go down to Chinatown,
    >> and didn't want to drive or have to deal with parking. Had a fun day
    >> and a wonderful lunch, and the $5 all-day pass for the trains and buses
    >> probably didn't cost me any more than gas and parking would've.
    >>
    >> > As to Detroit...with the auto industry now down the tubes... I suppose
    >> > it's no where near what it used to be

    >> Yeah -- the population has declined. I just saw some numbers the other
    >> day that showed Michigan being the only state for the period (I think it
    >> was 2007, but I'm not sure) that lost population. I was living in
    >> Michigan when the US auto biz went in the dumper the first time in the
    >> 1970s. It was really bad -- when Detriot hurts so do all of the parts
    >> suppliers that are (or were) scattered all over southern Michigan.
    >>

    > Been to LA many times...I sure as hell would not want to do anything there
    > that involved driving!

    You get used to it.

    > Durning non-peak traffic ...it took me 2 hours to get across town! I
    > think I could deal with the subway.

    The LA subway/el system is what...maybe only ten years old. So it doesn't
    go many places -- you'll to bus your way from and back to it from wherever
    you really want/need to go.

    > I much prefer Manhattan. Unless the weather is really bad and a cab ride
    > is needed...

    Sure -- they've had over a hundred years of train, not tennish. :)

    > one can walk virtually anywhere in a half hour or so. Best thing I like
    > about walking everywhere is that I can eat as much as I want and not
    > gain any weight!

    Of course you can't compare Manhattan - just part of NYC - to LA as a
    whole. You'd have to compare Mahnattan to just a part of LA.

    > As to Detroit. The auto industry has had several major warings going
    > back 30 years ago...
    > but they pretty much ignored them...and are now in bad shape

    Aye.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 19, 2008
  19. philo

    philo Guest

    > You get used to it.

    When I used to commute to Chicago I brought "Books on Tape" with me...
    so I did not mind traffic jams...actually looked forward to them.
    But I find that the older I get,,,then less I like to drive!

    > > Durning non-peak traffic ...it took me 2 hours to get across town! I
    > > think I could deal with the subway.

    > The LA subway/el system is what...maybe only ten years old. So it doesn't
    > go many places -- you'll to bus your way from and back to it from wherever
    > you really want/need to go.
    >
    > > I much prefer Manhattan. Unless the weather is really bad and a cab ride
    > > is needed...

    > Sure -- they've had over a hundred years of train, not tennish. :)

    But I don;t take the subways there...
    I prefer to see where I'm going when I get myself thoroughly lost

    > > one can walk virtually anywhere in a half hour or so. Best thing I like
    > > about walking everywhere is that I can eat as much as I want and not
    > > gain any weight!

    > Of course you can't compare Manhattan - just part of NYC - to LA as a
    > whole. You'd have to compare Mahnattan to just a part of LA.
    >
    > > As to Detroit. The auto industry has had several major warings going
    > > back 30 years ago...
    > > but they pretty much ignored them...and are now in bad shape

    > Aye.

    NY and LA are two seperate worlds.

    Detroit is some different planet...
    sort of a Pluto-like non-planet actually!

    philo, Jan 20, 2008
  20. philo wrote:

    >> You get used to it.

    > When I used to commute to Chicago I brought "Books on Tape" with me... so
    > I did not mind traffic jams...actually looked forward to them. But I find
    > that the older I get,,,then less I like to drive!

    I've always been really keen on "Books on Paper Pages".

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 20, 2008