    Manu Singhal
    (developer)
    iSoft Solutions
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFudQ==?=, Jun 4, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFudQ==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Manu wrote:
    > Hi All!
    >
    > I want to know what is the minimum score required for passing the MCSD Exams?
    >

    > --
    > Manu Singhal
    > (developer)
    > iSoft Solutions

    Usually a 70% score is a pass mark.
    Cerebrus, Jun 4, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWFudQ==?=

    Simon Hart Guest

    700 points.

    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Jun 4, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWFudQ==?=

    Guest

    Simon Hart wrote:
    > 700 points.
    >
    > Simon.
    >
    > "Manu" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi All!
    > >
    > > I want to know what is the minimum score required for passing the MCSD
    > > Exams?
    > >

    > > --
    > > Manu Singhal
    > > (developer)
    > > iSoft Solutions

    Just to explain this....

    Some people equate 700 out of 1000 as 70%.

    Whilst this is mathematically correct it leads one to think that if
    there are 40 questions then each question is worth 2.5%. This is not
    the case in the exams. You have no idea what the weighting of a
    question is while taking the exam so you need to just go for it and get
    the best you can.

    Neil
    , Jun 7, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TWFudQ==?=

    Simon Hart Guest

    Where do you base this information from?

    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Jun 7, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TWFudQ==?=

    Guest

    Simon Hart wrote:
    > Where do you base this information from?
    >
    > Simon.
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Simon Hart wrote:
    > >> 700 points.
    > >>
    > >> Simon.
    > >>
    > >> "Manu" <> wrote in message

    > > Just to explain this....
    > >
    > > Some people equate 700 out of 1000 as 70%.
    > >
    > > Whilst this is mathematically correct it leads one to think that if
    > > there are 40 questions then each question is worth 2.5%. This is not
    > > the case in the exams. You have no idea what the weighting of a
    > > question is while taking the exam so you need to just go for it and get
    > > the best you can.
    > >
    > > Neil

    It is on the MS site. I cannot give you a direct link as I cannot find
    it but I know it is true. I'll keep hunting and post the link if I can
    find it again. It may even say something in the intro to the tests, I
    know I have read it from a genuine source.

    I cannot be the only one here who has read this? Can anyone else back
    it up?
    Neil
    , Jun 8, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TWFudQ==?=

    Simon Hart Guest

    Hi Neil,

    I do not disbelieve you, but just wondering where you read it.

    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Jun 12, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TWFudQ==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Simon Hart wrote:

    > Hi Neil,
    >
    > I do not disbelieve you, but just wondering where you read it.
    >
    > Simon.
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Simon Hart wrote:
    > >> Where do you base this information from?
    > >>
    > >> Simon.
    > >>
    > >> <> wrote in message

    > > It is on the MS site. I cannot give you a direct link as I cannot find
    > > it but I know it is true. I'll keep hunting and post the link if I can
    > > find it again. It may even say something in the intro to the tests, I
    > > know I have read it from a genuine source.
    > >
    > > I cannot be the only one here who has read this? Can anyone else back
    > > it up?
    > > Neil

    Hi Simon,

    Which of Neil's statements is in contention here ? If it is the
    statement that "all questions on the exam do not have equal weightage",
    I can vouch for it, as well. I'm sure you know it too, having given
    many exams till now.

    If it is the statement that "Some people equate 700 out of 1000 as
    70%", well then, you're right, I do not agree with Neil. It should be
    "Almost all people equate 700 out of 1000 as 70%." Lol !

    If I'm talking about the wrong statement, kindly correct me... ;-)

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.
    Cerebrus, Jun 12, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TWFudQ==?=

    Guest

    Cerebrus wrote:
    > Simon Hart wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Neil,
    > >
    > > I do not disbelieve you, but just wondering where you read it.
    > >
    > > Simon.
    > >
    > > <> wrote in message

    > > > It is on the MS site. I cannot give you a direct link as I cannot find
    > > > it but I know it is true. I'll keep hunting and post the link if I can
    > > > find it again. It may even say something in the intro to the tests, I
    > > > know I have read it from a genuine source.
    > > >
    > > > I cannot be the only one here who has read this? Can anyone else back
    > > > it up?
    > > > Neil
    > > >

    > Hi Simon,
    >
    > Which of Neil's statements is in contention here ? If it is the
    > statement that "all questions on the exam do not have equal weightage",
    > I can vouch for it, as well. I'm sure you know it too, having given
    > many exams till now.
    >
    > If it is the statement that "Some people equate 700 out of 1000 as
    > 70%", well then, you're right, I do not agree with Neil. It should be
    > "Almost all people equate 700 out of 1000 as 70%." Lol !
    >
    > If I'm talking about the wrong statement, kindly correct me... ;-)
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Cerebrus.

    Yeah, that bit about 700 out of 1000 was a bit odd, but I was finding
    it difficult to explain the weighting thing.

    It was the whole thing about not being able to get 100% on the adaptive
    tests....
    Neil
    , Jun 13, 2006
  10. The total mark for an exam is 1000(per paper).
    The minimum passing score is 700. That means you have to score minimum 70%.
    I have just passed the exam 70-305 with a score of 981. And now I am
    preparing for another papers for mcsd.net

    If you have any othe question inform me to me e-mail id:
    =?Utf-8?B?R291cmlzaGFua2FyIENob3VkaHVyeQ==?=, Jun 13, 2006