    repair it temporarily by dragging the window down, when all is revealed.

    However, the problem returns, mostly at bootup.

    Any ideas please.

    Emrys Davies, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Emrys Davies

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Emrys Davies continued:

    > I have W98se, OE6 and OE6
    >
    > The bar at the top of my window which displays Minimize, Maximize,
    > Close and other data, is hidden in OE, IE and Google. The toolbar
    > is clearly visible.
    >
    > I have had this problem for about two weeks, but I have been able to
    > repair it temporarily by dragging the window down, when all is
    > revealed.
    >
    > However, the problem returns, mostly at bootup.
    >
    > Any ideas please.

    The title bar is off the top of the screen ?
    Drag down, position and adjust to the size you want (do not minimize and
    maximize, just drag and resize) and then close each window, and reboot.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 25, 2003

  3. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    Done that and now I can see about a centimetre of the title bar. Have
    has this latter situation lots of times and even better on occasions but
    it reverts to the title bar being totally off the top of the screen.

    This problem seems to have started when I lost my display and I
    recovered my drivers and software by using the appropriate CD Rom. That
    aspect is OK now.

    Thanks,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Aug 25, 2003
  4. Emrys Davies

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Emrys Davies continued:

    > Done that and now I can see about a centimetre of the title bar. Have
    > has this latter situation lots of times and even better on occasions
    > but it reverts to the title bar being totally off the top of the
    > screen.
    >
    > This problem seems to have started when I lost my display and I
    > recovered my drivers and software by using the appropriate CD Rom.
    > That aspect is OK now.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Emrys Davies.

    You've checked your Display Properties ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 25, 2003
  5. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    Did that and it certainly brought the Title Bar into focus, but I could
    not live with the distortion so I have gone back to where it was, 256
    color and 800x600 pixels.

    Having rebooted the tile bars are missing again.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message

    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Emrys Davies

    continued:

    > > Yes, but I am not sure what I am looking for in Display. Colors is
    > > 256 and Screen Area is 800x600 pixels. Hardware acceleration is

    Full.

    > Try upping the resolution, and changing the colour setting to true

    colour

    Emrys Davies, Aug 25, 2003
  6. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    The text was enlarged somewhat and not pleasing to the eyes. Not
    something I would want to live with considering how good it was with the
    previous settings.

    17" monitor. IIyama Vision Master pro 410

    Ati XPERT98 AGP 8MB SDRAM graphics card

    I have just gone to 24 bit True Color and rebooted and the Title Bar has
    stayed in position with that setup, so far.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Aug 25, 2003
  7. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    The problem happens on any internet page, although at the moment IE,
    Google and also OE are working properly. That appears to be since I
    went to True Color (24 bit) although I am not sure that that was the
    cause.

    I have tried adjusting the screen, both in display and using the monitor
    menu, but I am very limited in that field because the view of taskbar
    will be impeded.

    Thanks,
    Emrys Davies.

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > Emrys Davies wrote:
    >
    > > I have W98se, OE6 and OE6
    > >
    > > The bar at the top of my window which displays Minimize, Maximize,
    > > Close and other data, is hidden in OE, IE and Google. The toolbar
    > > is clearly visible.
    > >
    > > I have had this problem for about two weeks, but I have been able to
    > > repair it temporarily by dragging the window down, when all is
    > > revealed.
    > >
    > > However, the problem returns, mostly at bootup.
    > >
    > > Any ideas please.

    > Is the problem *only* in IE/OE? Have you tried using the controls
    > for size/centering on the *monitor*, itself? Or would that throw-off

    the

    Emrys Davies, Aug 25, 2003
  8. Emrys Davies

    °Mike° Guest

    Boot into Safe Mode and back into normal. Your icon cache
    may be corrupt. If that doesn't help, it may be that you
    have too many fonts, or your Marlett font may be corrupt.

    On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:03:11 +0100, in
    <bid4v4$7uk5t$-berlin.de>
    Emrys Davies scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 25, 2003
  9. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    Tried Safe Mode followed by Normal, but no change.

    I am totally satisfied now that this problem only relates to the
    internet pages. OE and IE are functioning perfectly alright.

    Thanks,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Aug 26, 2003
  10. Emrys Davies

    °Mike° Guest

    Take no notice of my previous reply - I'm cream crackered, and
    completely mis-read your problem. Try this... close all IE windows
    except one. Now press ALT+N to open a new window. Close
    the original window. In the address bar, type (where XXX,XXX
    is your screen resolution), and press ENTER:

    javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)

    When the screen moves and resizes, hold the CTRL key and
    close it. Now, on your IE shortcut, right click, choose 'Properties'
    and alter the 'RUN' dropdown to 'Maximized', press APPLY / OK.

    For O.E., open a new window, close the original and resize (do
    NOT maximize) the window by dragging. Hold the CTRL key
    and close the window.

    Check that 'Remember each folder's view settings' is set in
    Folder Options, and that 'Don't save Explorers settings' is
    NOT checked.

    On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:19:40 +0100, in
    <bie5ie$8e4eq$-berlin.de>
    Emrys Davies scrawled:

    °Mike°, Aug 26, 2003
  11. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    How do I know if my screen resolution is XXX,XXX or not? It is set at
    800x600 pixels.

    Cannot find 'Folder Options' to adjust the settings.

    Alt + N did nothing.

    Thanks,
    Emrys Daves.

    Emrys Davies, Aug 26, 2003
  12. Emrys Davies

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:00:29 +0100, in
    <bifb4g$8ldod$-berlin.de>
    Emrys Davies scrawled:

    >How do I know if my screen resolution is XXX,XXX or not?
    >It is set at 800x600 pixels.

    Well, that's your screen resolution. You should enter:

    javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(800,600)

    >Cannot find 'Folder Options' to adjust the settings.

    Open Windows Explorer and go to 'Tools / Folder Options / View'.

    >Alt + N did nothing.

    Sorry, my mistake. That should be CTRL+N for a new window.

    °Mike°, Aug 26, 2003
  13. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    'Mike',

    Ready for the off when I find 'Don't save Explorers Settings' so that I
    can make sure it is not checked.

    Had a good look for that, but it escapes me.

    Thanks,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Aug 26, 2003
  14. Emrys Davies

    °Mike° Guest

    That's ok. If you don't have that setting in your folder options,
    it won't be set in the registry, so you can forget it.

    On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:21:36 +0100, in
    <bigj16$97qj4$-berlin.de>
    Emrys Davies scrawled:

    °Mike°, Aug 27, 2003
  15. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    'Mike',

    I have now gone to 1024x768 pixels in display and that definitely solves
    my Title bar problem, although I find the text very small, compared with
    what I am used to.

    I will have to work around this and come to terms with it, but the main
    thing is that I know what was causing the problem.

    Thanks a lot for all your help.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Aug 29, 2003