    processes by hand one at a time.

    ?which process are vital for XP to fn??

    Andrew

    Damos, Aug 9, 2003

  2. You could use pskill from www.sysinternals.com and some basic scripting.

    The 'autoruns' tool may also be useful for finding and disabling unwanted
    applications that start when the system boots or at login.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Aug 9, 2003

  3. Damos

    timmy! Guest

    yes msconfig is the built in tool. It is a little limited tho as it only
    lets you enable or disable applications.
    Other more useful startup managers allow you to edit the command (eg ad
    extra command line args if necessary) or to change what type of startup it
    is, eg startup, common startup, reg-user-run, reg-user-runonce, ,
    reg-system-run, reg-system-runonce, etc etc.

    :)

    "Invisible" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 19:01:05 +1200, "timmy!" <> wrote:
    >
    > >not quite sure what u mean, u mean stop which programs are loaded at
    > >startup?
    > >because all you need for that is a startup manager, of which there are

    many

    timmy!, Aug 9, 2003