    on the taskbar so that I can use the mouse to click them back into use?

    --
    SJF

    SJF, Aug 19, 2005

  2. SJF

    vbMark Guest

    "SJF" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Windows XP Home, Service Pack 2.
    >
    > When I minimise a window it disappears from the screen but doesn't
    > appear as an icon on the taskbar. I can do this with several windows
    > but cannot retrieve any of them by clicking on the taskbar. There is
    > still a record of these windows somewhere because I can get any of
    > them to reappear by pressing ALT-TAB and selecting one of the icons of
    > all minimised windows that are then displayed.
    >
    > Can anyone help by telling me how to get these minimised window icons
    > back on the taskbar so that I can use the mouse to click them back
    > into use?

    There are a lot of programs out there that will do this by design. Have
    you installed anything lately that may have caused this?

    http://www.vbmark.com
    Get freeware, learn things, make money.

    vbMark, Aug 19, 2005

  3. SJF

    SJF Guest

    "vbMark" <> wrote in message
    ..

    >> Can anyone help by telling me how to get these minimised window icons
    >> back on the taskbar so that I can use the mouse to click them back
    >> into use?
    >>

    > There are a lot of programs out there that will do this by design. Have
    > you installed anything lately that may have caused this?

    The only installation recently was a Microsoft patch for a different problem
    concerning an "Error 1053: The service did not respond to a start or control
    request in a timely fashion" error message. The patch supplied didn't solve
    that problem so I removed it. I also did a restoration to a time 2 weeks
    ago, well before this problem appeared. I don't suppose you can suggest
    anything else?

    --
    SJF

    SJF, Aug 19, 2005