    miniclip results in timeouts. I can get in from work but not from my
    home account (ClearNet).

    Any ideas?

    Keith, May 27, 2007

  2. Keith

    XPD Guest

    "Keith" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My kids have been having great fun playing on Club Penguin at
    > miniclip.com but for the last week or so we haven't been able to get in.
    >
    > Typing the "www.minclip.com" URL results in the browser (IE7, Firefox,
    > Opera) hourglassing and then finally opening a blank page. PINGing
    > miniclip results in timeouts. I can get in from work but not from my
    > home account (ClearNet).
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I get what looks like a domain sale company page with random games sites
    listed...... nothing mentioning miniclip.com
    Looks like they havent paid for their domain ;) But the WHOIS info dosent
    show that..... all registrered until 08.
    So pass....

    XPD, May 27, 2007

  3. Keith

    Rob S Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > "Keith" <> wrote in message
    >> My kids have been having great fun playing on Club Penguin at
    >> miniclip.com but for the last week or so we haven't been able to get in.
    >>
    >> Typing the "www.minclip.com" URL results in the browser (IE7, Firefox,
    >> Opera) hourglassing and then finally opening a blank page. PINGing
    >> miniclip results in timeouts. I can get in from work but not from my
    >> home account (ClearNet).
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>

    > I get what looks like a domain sale company page with random games sites
    > listed...... nothing mentioning miniclip.com
    > Looks like they havent paid for their domain ;) But the WHOIS info dosent
    > show that..... all registrered until 08.
    > So pass....

    Okay here. Maybe they've paid their renewal late, removed from dns
    records then put back. Takes ages sometimes for dns records to propagate
    around the planet.

    I'm with Telstraclear but I use opendns (208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220)
    rather than TC's servers.

    --

    Rob

    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

    Rob S, May 28, 2007
  4. Keith

    Alan Guest

    I'm getting the same thing as XPD - looks like it is just a link site
    now.

    HTH,

    Alan.

    Alan, May 28, 2007
  5. Keith

    Keith Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote:
    >I'm getting the same thing as XPD - looks like it is just a link site
    >now.
    >
    >HTH,
    >
    >Alan.
    >
    >--
    >
    >"Keith" <> wrote in message
    >> My kids have been having great fun playing on Club Penguin at
    >> miniclip.com but for the last week or so we haven't been able to get
    >> in.
    >>
    >> Typing the "www.minclip.com" URL results in the browser (IE7,
    >> Firefox,
    >> Opera) hourglassing and then finally opening a blank page. PINGing
    >> miniclip results in timeouts. I can get in from work but not from my
    >> home account (ClearNet).
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    oops a typo on my part MINICLIP (three "eyes") as per the subject line.

    It's working at work. Maybe I'll try rob's suggestion about using a different DNS server.

    Keith, May 28, 2007
  6. In message <465a1670$>, Rob S wrote:

    > Maybe they've paid their renewal late, removed from dns
    > records then put back. Takes ages sometimes for dns records to propagate
    > around the planet.

    That's easy to check, by directly querying their authoritative DNS servers
    versus your local caching DNS servers.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 28, 2007