    recomendations

    thanks

    steve

    SJ, Feb 2, 2005

  2. SJ

    7 Guest

    SJ wrote:

    > Hi as anyone used one of these mini vacuums, are they any good?
    > i need one as i have just had aload of x business machines, any
    > recomendations

    Totally turdy usless things.

    If cleaning keyboards, just tip them upside down and tap
    until everything falls out.
    For PCs, you can use normal vacuum cleaner hose together
    with brush to brush out dust.
    Don't breath in that dust - its mostly human skin
    and can end up giving you allergic response if you let
    it start flying everywhere when you switch the PC back on.

    7, Feb 2, 2005

  3. SJ

    SgtMinor Guest

    SJ wrote:
    > Hi as anyone used one of these mini vacuums, are they any good?
    > i need one as i have just had aload of x business machines, any
    > recomendations
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > steve

    Those little vacuums are not powerful enough to do much beyond keyboard
    cleaning. There is no neat way to clean the inside; you need to blow
    the dust away with a can of compressed air.

    Never use a vacuum cleaner on the inside of a machine as there is too
    much chance of static electricity damaging a component, as well as a
    possibility that you'll suck up some jumpers. Also, do not use air from
    a compressor as that air can contain water or oil and is often at too
    high a pressure.

    SgtMinor, Feb 2, 2005
  4. On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 11:26:43 -0500, SgtMinor
    <> wrote:

    >Those little vacuums are not powerful enough to do much beyond keyboard
    >cleaning. There is no neat way to clean the inside; you need to blow
    >the dust away with a can of compressed air.
    >
    >Never use a vacuum cleaner on the inside of a machine as there is too
    >much chance of static electricity damaging a component, as well as a
    >possibility that you'll suck up some jumpers. Also, do not use air from
    >a compressor as that air can contain water or oil and is often at too
    >high a pressure.

    A one inch paint or pastry brush can be used to GENTLY remove stubborn
    stuff such as accumulations on the top of the heat sink that the air
    can didn't remove as well as the built up gunk on fan blades.

    Swill

    --
    "Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?"

    "My power is going out."

    "Have all your lights gone?"

    "No, just the one in the refrigerator."

    www.userfriendly.org

    Governor Swill, Feb 2, 2005
  5. SJ

    Plato Guest

    SJ wrote:

    > Hi as anyone used one of these mini vacuums, are they any good?
    > i need one as i have just had aload of x business machines, any
    > recomendations

    For tidying up a bird cage perhaps, but not for a pc.

    Plato, Feb 3, 2005