Mini Digi Cam download help needed please :O)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by VødkäJéllÿ, Dec 28, 2003.

  1. I am trying to download pictures from a mini digital camera that Santa
    bought for my daughter.

    Instructions: Run Auto install disk. Restart. Open picture download tool.
    Connect camera via USB cable. [1]. Click the download pictures icon. :O)
    Simple!

    Camera connection error. :eek:( oh.

    Fiddle. Search. Use other prog provided to get pictures, and Hey PRESTO!!!
    It turns the camera into a web cam
    :O( and now I have one photo of the ceiling (nice cobweb, methinks) all
    the other pictures are lost.

    Finds rope craft kit. Proceed to KNOTS YOU ALWAYS WNATED TO MAKE page.
    Noose.

    Arrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

    Anyone have ANY ideas? Please? Sob

    VJ

    Footnote
    [1] Underhandedly Stupid Ba...

    (...ath Separatists)

    VødkäJéllÿ, Dec 28, 2003

  2. VødkäJéllÿ

    res0z83t Guest

    Nikon 5700 Question....

    Is there a wayof enabling flash options with user settings other than "A"?

    I have been using the camera in user setting "A" but have been having
    problems with focusing (ie, it focuses on the wrong object). By going to
    user settings of "1", "2", or "3" I can see how I can change the area on
    which it calculates focu but I can't seem to be able to enable flash in
    those settings.

    Alternately, is there a way to change focusing options in the "A" user
    setting?

    A novice at digital photography,

    Roger

    res0z83t, Dec 28, 2003

  3. VødkäJéllÿ

    Phil Guest

    Buy a card reader.

    Remove card from camera, insert in reader and copy files to HDD.

    Unless you deleted the pix or formatted the card, they are likely still
    there.

    BTW -- which camera?

    Phil

    Phil, Dec 28, 2003
  4. Phil wrote:
    > Buy a card reader.
    >
    > Remove card from camera, insert in reader and copy files to HDD.
    >
    > Unless you deleted the pix or formatted the card, they are likely
    > still there.
    >
    > BTW -- which camera?
    >
    > Phil

    Herro :O) and thanks for replying.

    Buy a card reader... I gathered that advice from a bit of googling, the
    thing is this camera is only 3inches by 2 inches, and there isn't anyway to
    get a card out of it. Also the pictures are definitely gone , as the camera
    resets to take 20/60 pictures each time.

    The camera is a Micro Precision TECV3Q Digital Cmaera #2

    Vj

    VødkäJéllÿ, Dec 28, 2003
  5. On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:23:36 GMT, "VødkäJéllÿ"
    <> wrote:

    >I am trying to download pictures from a mini digital camera that Santa
    >bought for my daughter.
    >
    >Instructions: Run Auto install disk. Restart. Open picture download tool.
    >Connect camera via USB cable. [1]. Click the download pictures icon. :O)
    >Simple!

    This may be one of those rare "don't follow the instructions"

    You didn't say what operating system.

    >Camera connection error. :eek:( oh.

    Is there a switch position on the camera to put it in the down load
    position?

    >Fiddle. Search. Use other prog provided to get pictures, and Hey PRESTO!!!

    Be careful using these download programs.
    They may be needed for viewing specific types of files, but usually
    the computer's built in functions are easier to use.

    >It turns the camera into a web cam
    > :O( and now I have one photo of the ceiling (nice cobweb, methinks) all
    >the other pictures are lost.

    Possibly. Then again, maybe not.

    IF your computer has the XP operating system (It really helps to know
    the operating system as these things behave differently)
    ahhh...backing up...IF your computer has the XP operating system. Go
    into the system, remove/uninstall the original program for downloading
    the images from the camera.

    Reboot the computer.

    Plug in the camera to the proper port I'm assuming you are using
    either USB or firewire. Make sure the camera is powered up (IF that's
    what the manual says, which it usually does). The operating system
    (OS) should recognize the camera and treat it just like another hard
    drive. A prompter should come up asking what you want to do (it has a
    number of choices). You can select view in windows, then select the
    photos for download into the computer. You may have to create a
    directory in which to put them.

    Example: With my camera I did not install the manufacturers software.
    I plug the supplied USB cable into the camera and make sure it's
    connected to the computer. I turn on the camera and set the function
    switch to the position for downloading images. The screen comes up on
    the computer with the choices. I select the "view in windows", go to
    edit and click on <select all> Then select <copy>. You can also
    individually select the photos you wish to transfer and use (click on)
    <move> which copies the photos and deletes them off the camera.
    Another window will pop up with a bunch of directories. At the bottom
    directory such as 12-28-03 which works well for alphabetizing. Then I
    click on <copy> and the photos are copied into the 12-28-03
    directory/folder.

    >Finds rope craft kit. Proceed to KNOTS YOU ALWAYS WNATED TO MAKE page.
    >Noose.
    >
    >Arrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!
    >
    >Anyone have ANY ideas? Please? Sob

    Cheer up, once you get 'em figured out it'll be easy.

    Good Luck,

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair?)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger Halstead, Dec 28, 2003
  6. Roger Halstead wrote:

    > This may be one of those rare "don't follow the instructions"

    Oh, I am a serious instruction follower, honest, not many of my kind about!

    > You didn't say what operating system.

    Win XP pro

    > Is there a switch position on the camera to put it in the down load
    > position?

    No, and no applicable lcd display setting.

    >> Fiddle. Search. Use other prog provided to get pictures, and Hey
    >> PRESTO!!!

    > Be careful using these download programs.
    > They may be needed for viewing specific types of files, but usually
    > the computer's built in functions are easier to use.
    >
    >> It turns the camera into a web cam
    >>> O( and now I have one photo of the ceiling (nice cobweb,
    >>> methinks) all the other pictures are lost.

    > Possibly. Then again, maybe not.
    >
    > IF your computer has the XP operating system (It really helps to know
    > the operating system as these things behave differently)
    > ahhh...backing up...IF your computer has the XP operating system. Go
    > into the system, remove/uninstall the original program for downloading
    > the images from the camera.
    >
    > Reboot the computer.
    >
    > Plug in the camera to the proper port I'm assuming you are using
    > either USB or firewire. Make sure the camera is powered up (IF that's
    > what the manual says, which it usually does). The operating system
    > (OS) should recognize the camera and treat it just like another hard
    > drive. A prompter should come up asking what you want to do (it has a
    > number of choices). You can select view in windows, then select the
    > photos for download into the computer. You may have to create a
    > directory in which to put them.

    I did all this, and no pop 'upped'. I can find the cam in My Computer and
    the only option available is rightclick, GET PICTURES, and when I select
    this, it says 'no pictures available', even though I just took 20 more of
    the kitchen , living room me , etc.

    It wants to be a webcam.

    > Example: With my camera I did not install the manufacturers software.
    > I plug the supplied USB cable into the camera and make sure it's
    > connected to the computer. I turn on the camera and set the function
    > switch to the position for downloading images. The screen comes up on
    > the computer with the choices. I select the "view in windows", go to
    > edit and click on <select all> Then select <copy>. You can also
    > individually select the photos you wish to transfer and use (click on)
    > <move> which copies the photos and deletes them off the camera.
    > Another window will pop up with a bunch of directories. At the bottom
    > directory such as 12-28-03 which works well for alphabetizing. Then I
    > click on <copy> and the photos are copied into the 12-28-03
    > directory/folder.

    This is a gadget [1] camera :O)

    > Cheer up, once you get 'em figured out it'll be easy.
    >
    > Good Luck,
    >
    > Roger Halstead (K8RI & ARRL life member)
    > (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair?)
    > www.rogerhalstead.com

    Thanks Roger :O)

    I was filled with optimism when I read your post! Ho Hum, looks like its on
    its way back to the shop. Just one more day of fiddling...

    Vj

    [1] it's a good job my daughter wasn't on a secret mission.

    VødkäJéllÿ, Dec 29, 2003