    Mainlander Guest

    The Mini-B USB connector is used on some digital cameras.

    How common are the cables or can they only be bought from camera makers?
    Mainlander, Aug 7, 2003

  2. On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:43:52 +1200, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

    >The Mini-B USB connector is used on some digital cameras.
    >
    >How common are the cables or can they only be bought from camera makers?

    I have 2 Sony cameras and the use 2 different connectors, one is flat with 5
    pins from memory..
    Robert Mathews, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Mainlander

    Andrew Guest

    im pretty sure they can be sourced just from dse

    My parents have a sony camera, and thier bird chewed through the cable, an
    actual sony replacement was $89, a dse cable was $9 and works fine

    Andrew, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Mainlander

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <aWCYa.109105$>,
    says...

    > > The Mini-B USB connector is used on some digital cameras.
    > >
    > > How common are the cables or can they only be bought from camera makers?

    > DSE have two types listed
    >
    > XH3362, A male to Mini USB 5 pin male
    > XH3363, A male to Mini USB 4 pin male.
    >
    > Both 1.8 metres long and priced at $8.50 each.

    You mean there is no standard mini connector?
    Mainlander, Aug 9, 2003
  5. Mainlander

    PC Guest

    From: http://www.os2warp.be/os2/hardware/terminology.pdf

    The USB Standards

    The standard was developed by the USB Implementers Forum (Compaq,
    Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Microsoft, NEC, Philips, etc.). Obviously, it
    started on the PC; Mac supports it too.

    There are two versions of the standard:

    USB 1.1 (1995) defines two speeds: 12Mbps (full speed) and 1.5Mbps (low
    speed) and two types of connectors: Series A and Series B.

    USB 2.0 (April 2000) defines three speeds: 480Mbps (high speed), 12Mbps and
    1.5Mbps. It is completely backwards compatible with USB 1.1. The
    specification document is 650 pages long.

    Shortly after USB 2.0 was released (October 2000), an Engineering Change
    Notice (ECN) added Series mini-B connectors.

    Cheers
    Paul
    PC, Aug 9, 2003
  6. Mainlander