    --
    -------------------------------
    Patrick D. Rockwell

    Patrick D. Rockwell, Oct 10, 2004

  2. Patrick D. Rockwell

    luminos Guest

    "Patrick D. Rockwell" <> wrote in message
    >I bought a CyberHome minature dvd player from RadioShack. I'm surprized to
    >find that if I charge it up
    > and leave it alone for 1 or 2 days, and then try to play it, the battery
    > is dry. Also, during DVD play, it
    > will only run on battery for 90 minutes to two hours. Is this normal for
    > minature DVD players? Can
    > anyone recommend a good brand? Thanks in advance.
    >
    > --
    > -------------------------------
    > Patrick D. Rockwell

    It is non-normal. My 'Initial' DVD player (7") plays for 3 hours per
    charge. Some portables, and obviously your Cyberhome, drain the battery by
    remaining in standby mode even when off.

    luminos, Oct 10, 2004

  3. Patrick D. Rockwell

    DVDfanatico Guest

    I have a portable CyberHome CH-LDV712 but haven't tested the battery
    extensively. Try disconnecting the battery after play. You can also get a
    spare battery and recharger from www.cyberhome.com or
    http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10048017&whse=&topnav=&ca
    t=2471&hierPath=79*2471*

    You can find helpful reviews and a multi-region hack for your player at
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?dvdplayer=cyberhome&hits=50

    HTH
    -DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico, Oct 10, 2004
  4. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 05:52:26 GMT, "Patrick D. Rockwell" <> wrote:

    >I bought a CyberHome minature dvd player from RadioShack. I'm surprized to

    I'm surprised that you can't spell surprised.

    >find that if I charge it up
    >and leave it alone for 1 or 2 days, and then try to play it, the battery is
    >dry.

    That's normal. Wet cells went out for portable devices long ago.

    >Also, during DVD play, it
    >will only run on battery for 90 minutes to two hours. Is this normal for
    >minature DVD players? Can
    >anyone recommend a good brand? Thanks in advance.

    Yes.

    >-------------------------------
    >Patrick D. Rockwell

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Oct 11, 2004
  5. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Guest

    wrote: I bought a CyberHome
    that was your first mistake. Don't feel bad. I made the same mistake
    when buying a dvd recorder/player. Cyberhome is junk.

    At least 99 percent of people have had serious non-normal trouble with
    all makes and models of Cyberhome dvd players.

    Problems that should not exist on any dvd player. Problems that should
    not exist on any dvd recorder.

    , Oct 13, 2004
  6. "luminos" <> wrote in message

    > "Patrick D. Rockwell" <> wrote in message
    >>I bought a CyberHome minature dvd player from RadioShack. I'm surprized to
    >>find that if I charge it up
    >> and leave it alone for 1 or 2 days, and then try to play it, the battery
    >> is dry. Also, during DVD play, it
    >> will only run on battery for 90 minutes to two hours. Is this normal for
    >> minature DVD players? Can
    >> anyone recommend a good brand? Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Patrick D. Rockwell
    >>

    > It is non-normal. My 'Initial' DVD player (7") plays for 3 hours per
    > charge. Some portables, and obviously your Cyberhome, drain the battery
    > by remaining in standby mode even when off.

    Thanks. What about AudioVox? Does anyone know how well that works?

    Patrick D. Rockwell, Oct 15, 2004