    I see that Fishb8 asked this question, and while there were a few 'wise-guy'
    answers, there was no real help for him.
    Does anyone out there know what the min specs to run this program is?
    asterix, Nov 1, 2004

  2. asterix wrote:
    > I see that Fishb8 asked this question, and while there were a few 'wise-guy'
    > answers, there was no real help for him.
    > Does anyone out there know what the min specs to run this program is?

    I used to run it on a cel850(533 overclocked to 850) with 512MB ram
    I've seen it running on a Cel733 with 256 and it seemed fine for a rugby
    match(minus a few minor glitches which I think were software issues, not
    CPU/RAM related)

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 1, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> I see that Fishb8 asked this question, and while there were a few
    >> 'wise-guy'
    >> answers, there was no real help for him.
    >> Does anyone out there know what the min specs to run this program is?

    > I used to run it on a cel850(533 overclocked to 850) with 512MB ram
    > I've seen it running on a Cel733 with 256 and it seemed fine for a rugby
    > match(minus a few minor glitches which I think were software issues, not
    > CPU/RAM related)

    in saying that, the faster the better, especially if you want to
    record/encode on the fly.
    I ran it on the dual Athlon a while back, and it was 100% CPU usage
    trying to encode to divx on the fly... in the end, I gave up trying to
    do it on the fly, and got a bigger Hdd so I could do the encoding later.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 1, 2004
  4. asterix said the following on 2/11/2004 10:27:
    > I see that Fishb8 asked this question, and while there were a few 'wise-guy'
    > answers, there was no real help for him.
    > Does anyone out there know what the min specs to run this program is?

    Okay I didnt post before since I figured someone else would, but have a
    look here
    http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/tankengine/sky.htm
    The only cavet I would advise of is that you need a dam good (read
    perfect) UHF signal to decode.

    --
    Note the ****-Wit known as Harry is attempting to impersonate my posts
    I post via Berlin (at this stage he hasnt got a Berlin Account)

    Net result I am delighted that the village idiot thinks so much of me as
    to imatate me so much, pity about the reports to his providers and suppliers

    Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |
    Collector»NZ, Nov 1, 2004
  5. asterix

    JedMeister Guest

    "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    > asterix said the following on 2/11/2004 10:27:
    >> I see that Fishb8 asked this question, and while there were a few
    >> 'wise-guy'
    >> answers, there was no real help for him.
    >> Does anyone out there know what the min specs to run this program is?
    >>

    > Okay I didnt post before since I figured someone else would, but have a
    > look here
    > http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/tankengine/sky.htm
    > The only cavet I would advise of is that you need a dam good (read
    > perfect) UHF signal to decode.
    >
    > --
    > Note the ****-Wit known as Harry is attempting to impersonate my posts
    > I post via Berlin (at this stage he hasnt got a Berlin Account)
    > He has now
    > I do not post using Outlook Express
    > I am flattered he has even loaded Thunderbird to imatate me
    > My address is at Hotmail
    > Yep he is even forging my email address, orginization tags as well
    > An now he is even adding my old signature block
    > I do not set X-No Archive to yes
    >
    > Net result I am delighted that the village idiot thinks so much of me as
    > to imatate me so much, pity about the reports to his providers and
    > suppliers

    > Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |

    How do we know this is not Harry?
    JedMeister, Nov 1, 2004
  6. JedMeister said the following on 2/11/2004 11:29:
    > "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>asterix said the following on 2/11/2004 10:27:
    >>
    >>>I see that Fishb8 asked this question, and while there were a few
    >>>'wise-guy'
    >>>answers, there was no real help for him.
    >>>Does anyone out there know what the min specs to run this program is?
    >>>

    >>Okay I didnt post before since I figured someone else would, but have a
    >>look here
    >>http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/tankengine/sky.htm
    >>The only cavet I would advise of is that you need a dam good (read
    >>perfect) UHF signal to decode.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Note the ****-Wit known as Harry is attempting to impersonate my posts
    >>I post via Berlin (at this stage he hasnt got a Berlin Account)
    >> He has now
    >>I do not post using Outlook Express
    >> I am flattered he has even loaded Thunderbird to imatate me
    >>My address is at Hotmail
    >> Yep he is even forging my email address, orginization tags as well
    >> An now he is even adding my old signature block
    >>I do not set X-No Archive to yes
    >>
    >>Net result I am delighted that the village idiot thinks so much of me as
    >>to imatate me so much, pity about the reports to his providers and
    >>suppliers
    >>
    >>======================================================================
    >>Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |
    >>======================================================================

    > How do we know this is not Harry?

    Because in a couple of hours Harry will not have a News Individual Net
    account. And hopefully he is going to lose his other accounts as well.

    Is the address used for the posting above
    <XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>
    under your control? In that case I'd like to send a verification e-mail
    there. If you confirm the receipt we'll take action in your case.

    This double-check is needed to prevent false claims and faked complaints.
    If you confirm, we will take appropriate action in your case.

    Regards,
    Christoph Biedl, News.Individual.NET

    Collector»NZ, Nov 1, 2004
  7. asterix

    tatties Guest

    > asterix said the following on 2/11/2004 10:27:
    >> I see that Fishb8 asked this question, and while there were a few
    >> 'wise-guy'
    >> answers, there was no real help for him.
    >> Does anyone out there know what the min specs to run this program is?
    >>

    > Okay I didnt post before since I figured someone else would, but have a
    > look here
    > http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/tankengine/sky.htm
    > The only cavet I would advise of is that you need a dam good (read
    > perfect) UHF signal to decode.

    BTW
    Telstra Saturn cable customers might also find this link of interest
    http://www.austech.info/showthread.php?t=88374

    (But please don't view anything you aren't legally subscribed to with it.)
    tatties, Nov 1, 2004
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 1, 2004
  9. asterix

    Fishb8 Guest

    > tatties wrote:
    >> BTW
    >> Telstra Saturn cable customers might also find this link of interest
    >> http://www.austech.info/showthread.php?t=88374
    >> (But please don't view anything you aren't legally subscribed to with
    >> it.)

    > got to love the engrish...
    >
    > "SOLDING THIS SOFTWARE IS TERMINATELY FORBIDDEN"
    >
    > --
    > Dave Hall
    > http://www.dave.net.nz
    > http://www.karyn.net.nz

    Thanks for the straight answers, guys. The machine is just to watch TV and
    DVDs, at work. No recording and a minimum OS. We do have "quiet" times
    during a nightshift when we can watch TV, with the boss's permission, but to
    get Sky on a commercial business isn't an option he's going to do for us.
    Our plan is to get as cheap a PC set-up as we can to watch the rugby and
    cricket.
    Roy
    Fishb8, Nov 2, 2004
  10. asterix

    Mike_P Guest

    "Fishb8" <> wrote in message

    > "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    >> tatties wrote:
    >>> BTW
    >>> Telstra Saturn cable customers might also find this link of interest
    >>> http://www.austech.info/showthread.php?t=88374
    >>> (But please don't view anything you aren't legally subscribed to with
    >>> it.)

    >> got to love the engrish...
    >>
    >> "SOLDING THIS SOFTWARE IS TERMINATELY FORBIDDEN"
    >>
    >> --
    >> Dave Hall
    >> http://www.dave.net.nz
    >> http://www.karyn.net.nz

    > Thanks for the straight answers, guys. The machine is just to watch TV and
    > DVDs, at work. No recording and a minimum OS. We do have "quiet" times
    > during a nightshift when we can watch TV, with the boss's permission, but
    > to get Sky on a commercial business isn't an option he's going to do for
    > us. Our plan is to get as cheap a PC set-up as we can to watch the rugby
    > and cricket.
    > Roy

    umm, I don't think we needed to know all that.
    Mike_P, Nov 5, 2004