MIME and Uuencode Setup in OE: Correct ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Nov 27, 2005.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Still playing around with configuring my OE 6:

    Under Mail Sending Format, I have
    Plain text
    MIME

    Under News Sending Format, I have
    Plain text
    Uuencode

    I guess this is correct, but what is the difference between MIME, and
    Unencode ?

    Is this what i want to have set up (on each) ?

    BTW: Did this go thru as "Plain Text" ?

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Robert11, Nov 27, 2005

  2. Robert11

    Trax Guest

    "Robert11" <> wrote:

    |>Hello:
    |>
    |>Still playing around with configuring my OE 6:

    Does this newsgroup have the word TEST in it???
    :)

    |>Under Mail Sending Format, I have
    |> Plain text
    |> MIME
    |>
    |>Under News Sending Format, I have
    |> Plain text
    |> Uuencode
    |>
    |>I guess this is correct, but what is the difference between MIME, and
    |>Unencode ?

    One's a compression format one's not

    |>Is this what i want to have set up (on each) ?
    |>
    |>BTW: Did this go thru as "Plain Text" ?

    Yep.

    --
    http://www.sodaplay.com/constructor/index.htm