    millenium sucks, but I do not want her to have to buy XP or 2000. I
    feel confident that someone else has had the same problem and that it
    shouldn't be that hard to fix. Thank you.
    ka1999, Mar 4, 2004

  2. ka1999

    Ron Martell Guest

    (ka1999) wrote:

    >Every time I try to open internet explorer I receive an error message
    >and it asks me if I want to send the error to Microsoft. I never even
    >get a chance to see the browser. I am connected via Cable modem and I
    >can check my e-mail via outlook so I know I'm connected. I tried to
    >install Explorer6 but it will not download the files because it says
    >it cannot connect. I also receive a kernel32.dll message everytime
    >explorer will not open. This is a friends machine and I know
    >millenium sucks, but I do not want her to have to buy XP or 2000. I
    >feel confident that someone else has had the same problem and that it
    >shouldn't be that hard to fix. Thank you.

    Please post the text of the kernel32.dll error message *verbatim*.

    In Outlook Express click on Help - About Outlook Express and make note
    of the version number. Post that information back here as well.

    That will give us something specific to work on.

    Also make sure that the antivirus software is completely up to date,
    with the virus definition files not more than 3 days old, and do a
    complete virus scan of the computer.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Mar 4, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    says...

    >Every time I try to open internet explorer I receive an error message
    >and it asks me if I want to send the error to Microsoft. I never even
    >get a chance to see the browser. I am connected via Cable modem and I
    >can check my e-mail via outlook so I know I'm connected. I tried to
    >install Explorer6 but it will not download the files because it says
    >it cannot connect. I also receive a kernel32.dll message everytime
    >explorer will not open. This is a friends machine and I know
    >millenium sucks, but I do not want her to have to buy XP or 2000. I
    >feel confident that someone else has had the same problem and that it
    >shouldn't be that hard to fix. Thank you.

    I agree with Ron's suggestions. In addition, this could be caused by
    viruses or spyware/adware. Do a virus scan and get Adaware and Spybot
    Remover, update them and run them.

    Gary E
    --
    |Gary A. Edelstein
    | (remove NOSPAM and .invalid to reply)
    |"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo
    Gary A. Edelstein, Mar 4, 2004