Military Supercomputer Sets Record

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Otis Willie PIO The American War Library, Jun 10, 2008.

  1. Military Supercomputer Sets Record
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/09/technology/09petaflops.html?hp

    {EXCERPT} New York Times, United States, By JOHN MARKOFF SAN FRANCISCO An
    American military supercomputer, assembled from components originally designed
    for video game machines, has reached a...

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/09/technology/09petaflops.html?hp

    Military Technology Discussion/News/Info Exchange Forum
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/military-technology

    U.S. and friendly nation laws prohibit fully
    reproducing copyrighted material. In abidance
    with our laws this report cannot be provided in
    its entirety. However, you can read it in full
    today at the supplied URL. The subject/content of
    this report is not necessarily the viewpoint of
    the distributing Library. This report is provided
    for your information and discussion.

    -- Otis Willie (Ret.)
    Military News and Information Editor (http://www.13105320634.com)
    The American War Library, Est. 1988 (http://www.amervets.com)
    16907 Brighton Avenue
    Gardena CA 90247
    1-310-532-0634

    Military Webmaster Site Link Request Form:
    http://www.amervets.com/linkreq.htm

    Military and Vet Info-Exchange/Discussion Groups
    http://members.aol.com/amerwar/share.htm

    Otis Willie PIO The American War Library, Jun 10, 2008

  2. Otis Willie PIO The American War Library

    gnu / linux Guest

    On Jun 9, 9:03 pm, Otis Willie PIO The American War Library
    <> wrote:
    > Military Supercomputer Sets Recordhttp://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/09/technology/09petaflops.html?hp
    >
    > {EXCERPT} New York Times, United States, By JOHN MARKOFF SAN FRANCISCO An
    > American military supercomputer, assembled from components originally designed
    > for video game machines, has reached a...
    >
    > http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/09/technology/09petaflops.html?hp

    > U.S. and friendly nation laws prohibit fully
    > reproducing copyrighted material. In abidance
    > with our laws this report cannot be provided in
    > its entirety. However, you can read it in full
    > today at the supplied URL. The subject/content of
    > this report is not necessarily the viewpoint of
    > the distributing Library. This report is provided
    > for your information and discussion.
    >
    > -- Otis Willie (Ret.)
    > Military News and Information Editor (http://www.13105320634.com)
    > The American War Library, Est. 1988 (http://www.amervets.com)
    > 16907 Brighton Avenue
    > Gardena CA 90247
    > 1-310-532-0634
    >
    > Military Webmaster Site Link Request Form:
    > http://www.amervets.com/linkreq.htm
    >
    > Military and Vet Info-Exchange/Discussion Groups
    > http://members.aol.com/amerwar/share.htm

    Strange when most hear of a gaming computer they think of a toy ...

    gnu / linux, Jun 10, 2008