Mike will not work

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by colin, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. colin

    colin Guest

    Mary Lake <> wrote in message
    news:ca8tvi$6s1$...
    > I have formatted C: drive and reinstalled windows xp now the mike will not
    > work it was working before. I have checked the volume control box and
    > there is no tick in the mute box the mike is also plugged into the back of
    > computer ok .I have tested sound hardware with test wizard and it says the
    > wizard could not complete the test because your voice was not detected can
    > anybody help me Thank you

    Right-click the `speaker icon` that`s near your clock, and then select `Open
    Volume Controls`>options>properties>recording

    Mary Lake, Jun 10, 2004

  3. colin

    ProfGene Guest

    Have you checked out advanced settings for the mic in control panel under
    sounds and voice. There are a few settings you can try like microphone
    boost or alternative mic? I had the problem with this computer and
    eventually had to send it back to HP to get it fixed but tired all the
    advanced settings first.

    ProfGene, Jun 16, 2004