    some experience hands on, but there were still things in the book that
    were new to me. Thanks for the help..

    Steven

    steven, Jul 29, 2003

  2. steven

    Tony Sivori Guest

    steven wrote:
    > I was wondering if anyone has used the practice test in Mike
    > Myers "A+ Certification Fourth Edition"? Are there better tests to
    > practice with out there? I've read that freecomptia practice tests are
    > not very reliable. I've taken two of the tests from his book and
    > scored 88, and then 94 after reading the book through once. I have
    > some experience hands on, but there were still things in the book that
    > were new to me. Thanks for the help..
    >
    > Steven

    Most people over rely on practice tests. Just learn the material and you
    will do fine. If you are scoring in 90's with Mike's practice tests set in
    adaptive mode, you should be ready for the real test.

    --
    Tony Sivori

    Tony Sivori, Aug 1, 2003

  3. steven

    Sean Cleary Guest

    "Tony Sivori" <> wrote in message news:<bgdtc6$no8tk$-berlin.de>...
    > steven wrote:
    > > I was wondering if anyone has used the practice test in Mike
    > > Myers "A+ Certification Fourth Edition"? Are there better tests to
    > > practice with out there? I've read that freecomptia practice tests are
    > > not very reliable. I've taken two of the tests from his book and
    > > scored 88, and then 94 after reading the book through once. I have
    > > some experience hands on, but there were still things in the book that
    > > were new to me. Thanks for the help..
    > >
    > > Steven

    > Most people over rely on practice tests. Just learn the material and you
    > will do fine. If you are scoring in 90's with Mike's practice tests set in
    > adaptive mode, you should be ready for the real test.

    Make a note of what material you fail in your first test and
    concentrate on that. There is a problem in simply memorizing the test
    answers. Also consider getting another book, I used both Mike's book,
    his passport book and Charles J. Brooks bigger book. Please get the
    erata for these -- it will not cover all mistakes in the book, but it
    will cover many. and the practice tests have some errors too.

    Sean

    Sean Cleary, Aug 4, 2003