Mike Meyer's Practice Exams vs. actual A+ exams.

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by vikenk@aol.com, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    Can any of you who have used the Mike Meyers A+ Exam guide and practice
    exams tell me good they are relative to the actual exams?

    I've generally been good with computers and the Mike Meyer's All-in-One
    A+ guide/book was mostly review and verification for me. I learned a
    few things I didn't know before, but most of the stuff I had already
    learned over the years.

    I practice on his sample tests (I bought the voucher package) and
    routinely score between 83-90% on them. Are those tests close to what
    the real A+ exams are like?

    I need a little more work on the OS stuff than the core hardware stuff.
    I'll take the core exam first, then schedule the OS exam a couple of
    weeks later so I can cram.

    Any input would be appeciated.

    --
    Viken K.
    http://home.comcast.net/~vikenk

    , Feb 15, 2006

  2. John O Guest

    > Can any of you who have used the Mike Meyers A+ Exam guide and practice
    > exams tell me good they are relative to the actual exams?

    To steal an acute observation from Tcat, none of Mike's tests are likely to
    include the question: "How long is a rope?"

    As for the real exam, you never know.

    -John O

    John O, Feb 15, 2006

  3. J. Clarke Guest

    wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Can any of you who have used the Mike Meyers A+ Exam guide and practice
    > exams tell me good they are relative to the actual exams?
    >
    > I've generally been good with computers and the Mike Meyer's All-in-One
    > A+ guide/book was mostly review and verification for me. I learned a
    > few things I didn't know before, but most of the stuff I had already
    > learned over the years.
    >
    > I practice on his sample tests (I bought the voucher package) and
    > routinely score between 83-90% on them. Are those tests close to what
    > the real A+ exams are like?
    >
    > I need a little more work on the OS stuff than the core hardware stuff.
    > I'll take the core exam first, then schedule the OS exam a couple of
    > weeks later so I can cram.
    >
    > Any input would be appeciated.

    The practice exams are generally somewhat to significantly more difficult
    than the actuals. If you're getting 83-90% on the practice exams you
    should do fine on the real ones.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

    J. Clarke, Feb 16, 2006
  4. mike Guest

    you will sweat a bit, but have a smile on your face when you leave the exam
    room

    mike, Feb 17, 2006
  5. On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 23:28:10 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
    <> wrote:

    >John O wrote:
    >>
    >> To steal an acute observation from Tcat, none of Mike's tests are likely to
    >> include the question: "How long is a rope?"

    > The only time that matters is when they want to hang you. If its too
    >short, they can't tie a noose, and if its too long, you'll hit the
    >ground. In this case you want a very short rope! ;-)

    A rope walks into a bar, and orders a drink. The bartender refuses,
    saying they don't serve ropes there. The rope tries it for 2 more
    days, and on the third day the bartender flips out, beating the rope
    up and tangling him into a roughed-up ball, and throws him into the
    street. The rope rolls back into the bar and orders a drink. The
    bartender asks if he isn't the rope that just got tossed, and the rope
    replies..."No...I'm a frayed knot." :)

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Feb 17, 2006