    review them every day. The problem is, I'll really have no idea of how
    sufficient my studying was until I take the actual tests. And as expensive
    as they are, passing it on the first try is almost a necessity for me!
    Patrick Michael, Jan 24, 2004

  2. On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:12:01 GMT, Will Dormann
    <> wrote:

    <snip>

    >I thought the A+ test was pretty easy. I think each test took
    >approximately 10 minutes to complete. (I should have done them both in
    >the same day). What's somewhat odd is that the tests cover a very
    >broad range of skills (look at how thick the MM book is), but the tests
    >are relatively short.
    >

    >-WD

    When did you sit this Will - back when it was an adaptive exam? It's
    linear now: everyone gets 80 questions.

    Gordon
    Gordon Findlay, Jan 26, 2004

  3. Patrick Michael

    Rob Guest

    If you have any individual questions regarding Mike's books or just
    information in general. Mike recently set up a personal website for ppl to
    discuss IT issues or to directly ask him a question. The website is
    www.slammo.net. Hope this helps.

    Rob, Jan 26, 2004
  4. Patrick Michael

    Karkucus Guest

    Looking toward A+ 2003 Certification , Here is greate Link
    for Excellent A+ 2003 Certification Guide,

    http://www.studyexam4less.com/mb.asp
    Also here is another Money saving idea for A+ Testing exam fee. buy voucher
    and Scheduale the exam using A+ voucher for Only US $92.00 saving of
    US $ 63
    http://www.getcertify4less.com/mb.asp

    Karkucus, Jan 27, 2004
  5. On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 03:13:07 -0600, "Patrick Michael"
    <> wrote:

    >(snipped)
    >
    >Right now, I've read about 700 pages in about a month of studying. I've
    >taken incredibly thorough notes (probably more than I need to), and try to
    >review them every day. The problem is, I'll really have no idea of how
    >sufficient my studying was until I take the actual tests. And as expensive
    >as they are, passing it on the first try is almost a necessity for me!

    Hi Patrick,

    I understand your anxiety--those tests aren't cheap, and there's no
    dress rehearsal!

    For the closest thing you'll probably find to the real thing, make
    sure you check out the CD in the back of the book. This CD contains
    hundreds of practice exam questions, which can help you to gauge how
    prepared you are.

    Also, the format of the practice exams is very similar to the
    interface you'll see in actual CompTIA exams; this in itself might put
    you at ease, since you'll have a 'feel' for how the overall test will
    go.

    I invite you to check out the Total Seminars web site (see my sig) for
    any errata corrections, as well as tech articles and other goodies
    that can help you get the most from our book.

    Best of luck, and please let us know how it goes!

    Cheers,

    Cindy Clayton
    Total Seminars, LLC
    www.totalsem.com