Mike - Lemme know if you need a break :-)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Harrison, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. Harrison

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Harrison

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Oct 14, 2003

  3. Harrison

    Harrison Guest

    By the time I read one of these and start to consider a response,
    you're moving to the next one. I guess I get them a bit later because
    I'm US?
    Anyway, keep up the fine work.

    And yes, he seems a bit edgy and terse today.
    We're all here to help, and that's why those who ask the Q's post
    them. If they knew what they were doing, they wouldn't be here, would
    they?

    Harrison, Oct 14, 2003
  4. Harrison

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Harrison said:

    > By the time I read one of these and start to consider a response,
    > you're moving to the next one. I guess I get them a bit later because
    > I'm US?
    > Anyway, keep up the fine work.
    >
    > And yes, he seems a bit edgy and terse today.

    Don't add fuel to the fire, if *you* have something to say to me, say it to *me*

    For someone who doesn't seem to like "cheap shots" Mike certainly love to make
    them.

    ----------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^ cheap shot.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 14, 2003
  5. Harrison

    °Mike° Guest

    I think it's more a case of when one starts to read the
    group. Once one has "caught up", responses are
    automatically quicker, from either side of the pond.

    I'm here to help, as clearly you (and many, many others)
    are, too. Unfortunately, there are those who just like
    to criticise, or cause mischief - that's their prerogative,
    of course, but they can be, like mosquitos, quite annoying.

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:29:51 -0400, in
    <>
    Harrison scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 14, 2003
  6. Harrison

    Miggsee Guest

    I'm confused by this response, Mike. ??

    Oh jees, I just need more info and less snipping!! :(

    Miggsee, Oct 14, 2003
  7. Harrison

    Miggsee Guest

    Harrison?

    Miggsee, Oct 14, 2003
  8. Harrison

    °Mike° Guest

    What you need is to have seen the threads:

    Subject: Cleaning out Windows Temp Folder
    Subject: thanks

    Both today's date.

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:50:36 -0400, in
    <bmfkpk$m7ql2$-berlin.de>
    Miggsee scrawled:

    °Mike°, Oct 14, 2003
  9. Harrison

    °Mike° Guest

    What?

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:51:35 -0400, in
    <bmfkre$m8qs9$-berlin.de>
    Miggsee scrawled:

    °Mike°, Oct 14, 2003
  10. Harrison

    gangle Guest

    "Harrison" wrote
    > By the time I read one of these and start to consider a response,
    > you're moving to the next one. I guess I get them a bit later because
    > I'm US?
    > Anyway, keep up the fine work.
    >
    > And yes, he seems a bit edgy and terse today.
    > We're all here to help, and that's why those who ask the Q's post
    > them. If they knew what they were doing, they wouldn't be here, would
    > they?

    T I N W

    J.H.C.

    gangle, Oct 14, 2003
  11. Harrison

    Brian H¹© Guest

    gangle said:

    > "Harrison" wrote
    >> By the time I read one of these and start to consider a response,
    >> you're moving to the next one. I guess I get them a bit later because
    >> I'm US?
    >> Anyway, keep up the fine work.
    >>
    >> And yes, he seems a bit edgy and terse today.
    >> We're all here to help, and that's why those who ask the Q's post
    >> them. If they knew what they were doing, they wouldn't be here, would
    >> they?

    > T I N W
    >
    > J.H.C.

    I'm glad you popped in, would you be ok with me adding your answer to a binary
    question to one of my sites pages?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 14, 2003
  12. Harrison

    Harrison Guest

    Brian,
    Sorry to interrupt, but my son is enthralled with all things binary
    and I'd be interested in pointing him to any good resources.
    what's the URL for your page?

    Harrison, Oct 14, 2003
  13. Harrison

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Harrison said:

    > Brian,
    > Sorry to interrupt, but my son is enthralled with all things binary
    > and I'd be interested in pointing him to any good resources.
    > what's the URL for your page?

    Unless gangle agrees for me to add his in-depth reply to a binary question, I
    don't have much worth reading about binaries.
    But feel free to visit my site.
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/

    Brian H¹©, Oct 14, 2003
  14. Harrison

    Boomer Guest

    Harrison wrote:

    > Brian,
    > Sorry to interrupt, but my son is enthralled with all things
    > binary and I'd be interested in pointing him to any good
    > resources. what's the URL for your page?
    >

    >>I'm glad you popped in, would you be ok with me adding your
    >>answer to a binary question to one of my sites pages?

    Hi

    Not sure what information you are looking for but here's some info
    about yEnc:

    yEnc information:
    http://www.yenc.org
    http://www.yenc.org/windows.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/altbinariessoundsmusicclassical/yenc.html
    http://members.home.nl/lordsnow/yenc/faq.htm

    Windows users try http://www.easynews.com/yenc/ydec.htm
    Using a MAC? Rosetta, Thoth. http://www.thothsw.com/
    Linux users should check out http://yydecode.sourceforge.net/

    http://www.binaryboy.com
    http://www.brawnylads.com/software/
    Fidolook SL Integrated yEnc supportfor OE.
    http://www.fidolook.com/
    Or yProxy
    http://www.brawnylads.com/yproxy/

    Decoding Guide for Outlook Express Users
    http://www.yenc32.com/oeusers.php

    Boomer, Oct 14, 2003
  15. Harrison

    gangle Guest

    "Brian H¹©" wrote
    > gangle said:
    >
    > > "Harrison" wrote
    > >> By the time I read one of these and start to consider a response,
    > >> you're moving to the next one. I guess I get them a bit later because
    > >> I'm US?
    > >> Anyway, keep up the fine work.
    > >>
    > >> And yes, he seems a bit edgy and terse today.
    > >> We're all here to help, and that's why those who ask the Q's post
    > >> them. If they knew what they were doing, they wouldn't be here, would
    > >> they?

    > > T I N W
    > >
    > > J.H.C.

    > I'm glad you popped in, would you be ok with me adding your answer to a binary
    > question to one of my sites pages?

    I'd rather it not be used on web sites. Search engines could find
    it, and then, eventually, it could be repeated, perhaps partially,
    incorrectly, and unattributed on other web sites, and so forth.
    I intended it for this NG, and that's where I prefer it stay.
    Thanks for asking, though.

    gangle, Oct 14, 2003
  16. Harrison

    Miggsee Guest

    Good question!

    Miggsee, Oct 14, 2003
  17. Harrison

    Miggsee Guest

    Thank you! :)

    Miggsee, Oct 14, 2003
  18. Harrison

    Brian H¹© Guest

    gangle said:

    > "Brian H¹©" wrote
    >> gangle said:
    >>
    >>> "Harrison" wrote

    >>> T I N W
    >>>
    >>> J.H.C.

    >> I'm glad you popped in, would you be ok with me adding your answer to a
    >> binary question to one of my sites pages?

    > I'd rather it not be used on web sites. Search engines could find
    > it, and then, eventually, it could be repeated, perhaps partially,
    > incorrectly, and unattributed on other web sites, and so forth.
    > I intended it for this NG, and that's where I prefer it stay.
    > Thanks for asking, though.

    OK, fair comment.
    Thanks.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 14, 2003
  19. Harrison

    °Mike° Guest

    Are you deliberately trying to be vague, Miggsee?
    What on earth are you talking about? What does
    "Harrison?" mean?

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 06:05:09 -0400, in
    <bmghov$mjq5v$-berlin.de>
    Miggsee scrawled:

    °Mike°, Oct 14, 2003
  20. Harrison

    Harrison Guest

    Plonked Miggsee last week for incoherence and general insignificance.
    If he's asking me for additional input on this thread, that's not
    going to happen. This was yesterday and today is a new day.

    Harrison, Oct 14, 2003