    computer(win98se) and I don't get the message. Does the program have
    issues with XP?

    Sharon

    Sharon, Oct 28, 2003

  2. On 28 Oct 2003, Sharon wrote

    > Mike, I installed JV16 Power Tools on my husband's computer with
    > XP at your suggestion. I ran it once and it worked fine. When I
    > tried to open the program up again a bit later I got a message
    > thanking me for my interest in JV16 Power Tools and telling me
    > that my 30 trial period was up. I uninstalled it and tried again
    > with the same results. I thought that I had installed the free
    > version, but even if I hadn't I only had it installed for about 10
    > minutes! I also installed it on my computer(win98se) and I don't
    > get the message. Does the program have issues with XP?
    >
    > Sharon

    I can't help with the issue about 10 minutes = 30 days in XP, but
    whilst the current version of jv Power Tools is shareware, you should
    be able to get the last freeware version by following the links at
    www.pricelessware.org:

    http://www.pricelessware.org/2003/PL2003SYSTEMUTILITIES.htm#SystemTool

    HTH

    --
    Cheers,
    Harvey

    For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

    Harvey Van Sickle, Oct 28, 2003

  3. Sharon

    °Mike° Guest

    The program does not have issues with XP, so far as I am
    aware. Where did you download the program from?

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:34:02 -0700, in
    <bnm99l$12revq$-berlin.de>
    Sharon scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 28, 2003
  4. Sharon

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:34:02 -0700, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
    invention that lemmings jump off cliffs Sharon <> wrote
    :

    >Mike, I installed JV16 Power Tools on my husband's computer with XP at
    >your suggestion. I ran it once and it worked fine. When I tried to open
    >the program up again a bit later I got a message thanking me for my
    >interest in JV16 Power Tools and telling me that my 30 trial period was
    >up. I uninstalled it and tried again with the same results. I thought
    >that I had installed the free version, but even if I hadn't I only had
    >it installed for about 10 minutes! I also installed it on my
    >computer(win98se) and I don't get the message. Does the program have
    >issues with XP?
    >
    >Sharon

    Try RegscrubXP,
    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Reviews/r882.html

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    email shepATpartyheld.de

    Shep©, Oct 28, 2003
  5. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > The program does not have issues with XP, so far as I am
    > aware. Where did you download the program from?

    I downloaded it from http://nonags.sully.net:8080/pwrt32.html. While
    searching for some more information on the program I noticed that it was
    available there. I will try again and download it from the original link
    that you gave me. I was just wondering if there were some issues with
    the program and XP, since I've ran across other programs that XP has
    problems with.

    Sharon

    Sharon, Oct 28, 2003
  6. Sharon

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:41:49 -0700, in
    <bnmrak$126thu$-berlin.de>
    Sharon scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> The program does not have issues with XP, so far as I am
    >> aware. Where did you download the program from?

    >I downloaded it from http://nonags.sully.net:8080/pwrt32.html. While
    >searching for some more information on the program I noticed that it was
    >available there. I will try again and download it from the original link
    >that you gave me. I was just wondering if there were some issues with
    >the program and XP, since I've ran across other programs that XP has
    >problems with.
    >
    >Sharon

    It is no longer freeware, that is why I gave you the
    link that I did, which is the last freeware version.
    Here is the link again:
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/jv16.html

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 28, 2003
  7. Sharon

    Boomer Guest

    Sharon <> wrote in

    > °Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> The program does not have issues with XP, so far as I am
    >> aware. Where did you download the program from?

    > I downloaded it from http://nonags.sully.net:8080/pwrt32.html.
    > While searching for some more information on the program I noticed
    > that it was available there. I will try again and download it from
    > the original link that you gave me. I was just wondering if there
    > were some issues with the program and XP, since I've ran across
    > other programs that XP has problems with.
    >
    > Sharon

    It worked fine for me on XP.

    Great program. :)

    Boomer, Oct 28, 2003