    CD Rom is not working. On device manager it shows yellow and I get error
    code 39.

    Cheers to you if you can solve this one and thanks if you at least try.

    sonsdad, Dec 28, 2004

  2. sonsdad

    Ingeborg Guest

    "sonsdad" <> wrote in
    news:tabAd.39$:

    > I have a problem that I have been trying to resolve for some days.
    > When removing Easy CD Creator my drives were disabled(I have a Ricoh
    > 9060 and a Pioneer DVR-106D) This is apparently a known problem. I am
    > running XP Pro
    >
    > Having tried all the good advice from the group I wonder if I should
    > start again and go back to Windows 98. My question is how can I
    > achieve this if my CD Rom is not working. On device manager it shows
    > yellow and I get error code 39.
    >
    > Cheers to you if you can solve this one and thanks if you at least
    > try.

    The CDROM _is_ working, but not in XP. But you can boot from it, to install
    W98

    Ingeborg, Dec 28, 2004

  3. sonsdad

    Paul - xxx Guest

    sonsdad composed the following ...
    > I have a problem that I have been trying to resolve for some days. When
    > removing Easy CD Creator my drives were disabled(I have a Ricoh 9060 and a
    > Pioneer DVR-106D) This is apparently a known problem. I am running XP Pro
    >
    > Having tried all the good advice from the group I wonder if I should start
    > again and go back to Windows 98. My question is how can I achieve this if
    > my CD Rom is not working. On device manager it shows yellow and I get
    > error code 39.
    >
    > Cheers to you if you can solve this one and thanks if you at least try.

    As your drives don't seem to have drivers, go to the manufacturers site and
    see if they have XP drivers ..

    You could also try Windows Update and see if it 'sees' a hardware / software
    upgrade. I had a problem fixed in this manner, for my sister a while ago,
    for a video card.

    OTOH, I'd probably switch off, unplug the computer and remove the drives
    physically by unplugging the power and data cables, then restart the
    computer with the drives 'missing' and check that there are no notices in
    device manager. I'd then power off again, re-connect the drives, re-boot and
    see if XP 'sees' them and loads native drivers.

    You say it's a known problem, but known by whom? I'd search google, Easy CD
    Creator, Ricoh and Pioneer websites for forums where the problem might have
    been solved. You might find it's an unresolvable problem without a format
    or re-install of OS .. ;)

    Last option would be to use a boot disk, run Fdisk and remove the XP
    partition, then re-install making a new partition and formatting along the
    way. This should remove all residue from the Easy CD Creator installation.

    Re-installling W98 is a backward step, I think, and one to be avoided if at
    all possible. There is little to no support from Microsoft for it anymore.
    If you do want to re-install W98, boot from a boot floppy with native cd
    support and see if that reads the cd's. If it does, then you know the
    problem is 'fixable' so you probably don't need to re-install W98 .. ;)

    Have fun / luck .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...
    http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php

    Paul - xxx, Dec 28, 2004
  4. sonsdad

    Rob K Guest

    On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:10:17 GMT, sonsdad wrote:

    > I have a problem that I have been trying to resolve for some days. When
    > removing Easy CD Creator my drives were disabled(I have a Ricoh 9060 and a
    > Pioneer DVR-106D) This is apparently a known problem. I am running XP Pro
    >
    > Having tried all the good advice from the group I wonder if I should start
    > again and go back to Windows 98. My question is how can I achieve this if my
    > CD Rom is not working. On device manager it shows yellow and I get error
    > code 39.
    >
    > Cheers to you if you can solve this one and thanks if you at least try.

    Have you seen this one already?

    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Dec 28, 2004
  5. sonsdad

    Paul - xxx Guest

    sonsdad composed the following ...
    > Hi Group
    >
    > Thanks to you all for trying. I didn't really want to start a war so
    > thanks to the ones who concentrated on the question.

    It's no war, it's just a local inadequate troll, out for the day. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Dec 28, 2004
  6. On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:48:33 -0000, "Paul - xxx"
    <> wrote:

    >You say it's a known problem, but known by whom? I'd search google, Easy CD
    >Creator, Ricoh and Pioneer websites for forums where the problem might have
    >been solved. You might find it's an unresolvable problem without a format
    >or re-install of OS .. ;)

    By this group!
    Saw a posting "error code 39" with the solution in this group.Search
    google for it.

    Sayso Takewashi, Dec 30, 2004
  7. sonsdad

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Sayso Takewashi composed the following ...
    > On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:48:33 -0000, "Paul - xxx"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> You say it's a known problem, but known by whom? I'd search google,
    >> Easy CD Creator, Ricoh and Pioneer websites for forums where the problem
    >> might have been solved. You might find it's an unresolvable problem
    >> without a format or re-install of OS .. ;)

    > By this group!
    > Saw a posting "error code 39" with the solution in this group.Search
    > google for it.

    Why should I?

    I don't have the problem, I was just pointing out ways to find a possible
    solution .. Sheeesh ...

    Paul - xxx, Dec 30, 2004