migration printers

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FzZXk=?=, Sep 24, 2006.

  1. What would be the best way to migrate printers from a Windows server 2003
    32bit with older hardware to new server hardware runnig windows 2003 64bit.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FzZXk=?=, Sep 24, 2006

  2. Not sure what the issue is. The requirements for a server running 64bit are
    no different from one running 32-bit. You need specific drivers for the
    printer that support the architectures of the clients who will use it. You
    load the different drivers in the same way. Share names follow the same
    format as 32-bit. If your printers are network connected, you simply set the
    new ones up to match the old ones. Easy way to get a list of printers is:

    net share | find "Spooled"

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 25, 2006

  3. I would like to migrate my printer queues from one server to another

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FzZXk=?=, Sep 25, 2006
  4. Then there is no difference in moving between 32-bit and 32-bit, or 32-bit
    and 64-bit. You need to enumerate the ones that you have, and then re-create
    them on the new machine. You need to load drivers for all client OS's that
    you need to support.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 25, 2006