    (mbox files I presume) and neither of the other filters see the files.

    Can somebody give me a clue?
    Thanx in advance

    John Stolz, Feb 15, 2007

  2. John Stolz wrote:
    > I having difficulty with this and have spent two days on it so far. I
    > want to move from OLE on XP to TB on a mac.
    > The most successful route so far seems to be: I installed TB on the XP
    > and successfully imported at the first start of TB. I've moved the
    > inbox and sent-mail files to the mac and put them in the profile/mail
    > directory, but TB doesn't see them. the is no import filter for TB
    > (mbox files I presume) and neither of the other filters see the files.
    >
    > Can somebody give me a clue?
    > Thanx in advance

    http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/30023

    The user here moved files using Thunderbird and then on to Entourage on
    the Mac, just dont go that far <g>

    http://pixelspread.com/site/journal/62/moving-from-thunderbird-to-mail
    http://www.comeacross.info/2006/05/26/moving-email-from-a-pc-to-the-mac/
    http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20050715092018256

    this one too has you moving it on from Thunderbird, just dont go that far

    Moz Champion (Dan), Feb 15, 2007

  3. John Stolz

    John Stolz Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > John Stolz wrote:
    >> I having difficulty with this and have spent two days on it so far. I
    >> want to move from OLE on XP to TB on a mac.
    >> The most successful route so far seems to be: I installed TB on the XP
    >> and successfully imported at the first start of TB. I've moved the
    >> inbox and sent-mail files to the mac and put them in the profile/mail
    >> directory, but TB doesn't see them. the is no import filter for TB
    >> (mbox files I presume) and neither of the other filters see the files.
    >>
    >> Can somebody give me a clue?
    >> Thanx in advance

    > http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/30023
    >
    > The user here moved files using Thunderbird and then on to Entourage on
    > the Mac, just dont go that far <g>
    >
    > http://pixelspread.com/site/journal/62/moving-from-thunderbird-to-mail
    > http://www.comeacross.info/2006/05/26/moving-email-from-a-pc-to-the-mac/
    > http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20050715092018256
    >
    > this one too has you moving it on from Thunderbird, just dont go that far

    Many thanks for that - changing the file extensions to .mbox let them
    appear in TB and I then allowed TB to do the indexing and I copied the
    messages to the inbox and sent items boxes - everything is hunky dory

    Thanks for taking the time to help out.

    PS I was arguing with someone recently over open source vs windows - my
    point was that you get better support from OS than MS and I still think
    that's true

    John Stolz, Feb 16, 2007