    .................name test vlan
    (because I have not Vlan in running config on client)

    What Should I do on server?
    kkuuffeell, Jan 24, 2006

  2. kkuuffeell

    Leigh Guest

    Hey there,

    You'll not loose any of the vlans already on there.

    The server - client relationship is only to do with the creation and
    deletion of vlans in the vtp domain.

    if you do a "sh vlan" on one of your switches that is in client mode,
    then change it to be in transparent mode, none of them will disappear.
    It will simply stop listening to vtp messages regarding the creation and
    deletion of vlans.

    Out of curiosity, why are you dropping vtp server/client ?

    LH
    CCIE#15331

    Leigh, Jan 24, 2006

  3. kkuuffeell

    kkuuffeell Guest

    > Out of curiosity, why are you dropping vtp server/client ?

    1.In client Server mode maximum number of vlan is about 1000 (don't
    remember) (I must set Vlan2000 to work with other network)
    2. I have not need all vlans on my three switches,
    3. There is only 3 switches - it is easy to manage them separately.

    What about vlan command ?
    in Client server mode there is not Vlan command in run-conf but in server
    and transparent it is

    kkuuffeell, Jan 24, 2006
  4. kkuuffeell

    Leigh Guest

    A switch can only create vlans when it is in vtp server or vtp
    transparent mode. When it is set to client, all it can do is listen.

    LH
    CCIE#15331

    Leigh, Jan 24, 2006
  5. kkuuffeell

    kkuuffeell Guest

    Thanks
    I do
    (config)# vtp mode transparent
    either on client and server and there are in my running config commands
    vlan XXX
    name somthing
    vlan YYY
    name somthing else