    intelligence of the
    American people.

    H.L. Mencken

    Darden, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Darden wrote:
    > I use Mozilla 5.0 as my browser. I am considering using Firefox 0.8 in
    > its place. The problem, as I see it is that my extensive bookmark
    > collection under Mozilla doesn't appear to be added to Firsfox. Is
    > there a way to accomplish it?

    Firefox 0.9 has an import wizard that makes transferring stuff very
    easy. Why are you using 0.8?

    Leif K-Brooks, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Darden

    Brian Guest

    Darden wrote:
    > I use Mozilla 5.0 as my browser. I am considering using Firefox 0.8 in
    > its place. The problem, as I see it is that my extensive bookmark
    > collection under Mozilla doesn't appear to be added to Firsfox. Is
    > there a way to accomplish it?

    If there no bookmarks you wish to save in Firefox, then just try copying
    your bookmarks.html file from you Mozilla profile directory over to your
    Firefox profile directory.

    Firefox Profile Info:
    http://texturizer.net/firefox/edit.html#profile

    Mozilla Profile Info:
    http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.5/faq/profile.html#location

    --
    Brian

    2.6.8-gentoo-r3 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+ GNU/Linux

    Brian, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Darden

    Darden Guest

    On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 20:41:16 -0400, Leif K-Brooks
    <> wrote:

    >Firefox 0.9 has an import wizard that makes transferring stuff very
    >easy. Why are you using 0.8?

    I didn't know 0.9 was available. I'll install it. Thanks!

    --------------------------------------

    No one ever went broke
    underestimating the
    intelligence of the
    American people.

    H.L. Mencken

    Darden, Sep 8, 2004
  5. Darden

    Darden Guest

    On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 21:12:08 -0400, Brian <home@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    >If there no bookmarks you wish to save in Firefox, then just try copying
    >your bookmarks.html file from you Mozilla profile directory over to your
    >Firefox profile directory.

    I spoke with my son (a PC guru) and he told my how to do exactly that,
    so now I'm using Firefox 0.8 as my browser. I understand, however,
    that 0.9 is available, so I'll consider installing it.

    No one ever went broke
    underestimating the
    intelligence of the
    American people.