    Can I transfer my old Explorer favs and email add book over to my new ISP?

    Going from Tiscali to BT

    Cheers.

    DannyD, Oct 25, 2006

  2. DannyD

    samuel Guest

    "DannyD" <> wrote in
    news:453f3cd9$:

    > Can I transfer my old Explorer favs and email add book over to
    > my new ISP?
    >
    > Going from Tiscali to BT
    >

    > Cheers.

    if you are still using same computer, same browser
    and email client the address book remains there
    also the favorites

    changing isp should not 'remove' what you have saved there

    samuel, Oct 25, 2006

  3. "DannyD" <> wrote in message
    > Can I transfer my old Explorer favs and email add book over to my new ISP?
    >
    > Going from Tiscali to BT

    Browser and email program are independent of ISP-- there's nothing to
    "transfer" because they're on your hard drive.

    Doug

    Douglas C. Neidermeyer, Oct 25, 2006
  4. DannyD

    gangle Guest

    "DannyD" wrote in message
    > Can I transfer my old Explorer favs and email add book
    > over to my new ISP?
    >
    > Going from Tiscali to BT

    That kind of data within your browser and/or email client has
    no connection/relationship to any particular ISP. It's sounds
    like you are green enough to benefit from a simple definition
    of an ISP.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISP

    Your personal choice of software (and corresponding
    data) that you use to access the conduit the ISP provides
    is on your hard drive, not within the conduit, and is
    none of the ISP's business.

    gangle, Oct 25, 2006
  5. Douglas C. Neidermeyer wrote:

    > "DannyD" <> wrote:
    >> Can I transfer my old Explorer favs and email add book over to my new
    >> ISP?
    >>
    >> Going from Tiscali to BT

    > Browser and email program are independent of ISP-- there's nothing to
    > "transfer" because they're on your hard drive.

    Re the address book: if DannyD is using only a web mail interface and
    its corresponding address book, and not keeping that service, those data
    would disappear when he switched service. He would have to export the
    addresses and save them to his computer first.

    I only mention this because one of my ISPs gives newbies links to its
    home pages and web mail interface, and the newbs seem to think they
    *must* use this interface. They generate thousands of questions like
    "why does my Inbox empty after 30 days" and "how can I save my emails"
    and "I'm switching to broadband; can I keep my address book?"

    As usual, we need more information.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 25, 2006