Migrating SID Histor Problem.

Discussion in 'Software' started by realshock, Jul 11, 2008.

1. realshock

realshock

I'm performing migration from a windows 2000 domain corp.mycompany.com to a windows 2003 mycompany.com. I built a brand new 2003 forest because i want to change the domain name in the company.

1- I built two way external trusts between the two forests. The trust seems to be working fine between both. I can browse to both servers using UNC path without any permissions issues. I validated trust on both sides and the relationship seems to be good to go.
    2- I created the registery key on the source to accept TcpClientSupport and turned off auditing on the source and target domain. i created the group mycompany$$$ on the source domain.
    3- I was able to migrate some users accounts no problem.

The issue i'm having now is migrating the SIDs. When i check migrate SIDs, it comes back with this error:

"could not verify auditing and TcpipClientSupport on Domains. Will not be able to migrate SIDs. Access is denied"

Obviously, i'm having a security issue. In some threads, i read that i need to make each administrator a member of Enterprise Admins on the other domain. But when i try to add the users, i don't see the other domain as a location option.

Any ideas .. .i'm kinda stuck on this?

realshock, Jul 11, 2008
    1. Advertising