    need to get the shares themselves. Any ideas? Veritas Netbackup v8.0
    hasn't been successful as the data is on a NAS and NetBackup see's the
    NAS as an Advanced Data Server and refuses to copy.

    JustMe, Jul 10, 2006

  2. JustMe

    why? Guest

    On 10 Jul 2006 05:41:59 -0700, JustMe wrote:

    >I need to migrate data .AND. shares from a Win2k Server to a Win2k3
    >Server. I know I can use Robocopy to get the data and the NTFS Folder
    >permissions but I don't get the shares. I'd prefer not to have to

    <snip>

    Try the communities, tool skits, notes and migration info
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/upgrading/w2k/default.mspx

    Of if you hadn't thought of that, hire someone to do it for you.

    Me

    why?, Jul 10, 2006

  3. why? wrote:

    > On 10 Jul 2006 05:41:59 -0700, JustMe wrote:
    >
    >>I need to migrate data .AND. shares from a Win2k Server to a Win2k3
    >>Server. I know I can use Robocopy to get the data and the NTFS Folder
    >>permissions but I don't get the shares. I'd prefer not to have to

    ><snip>
    >
    > Try the communities, tool skits, notes and migration info

    Haven't seen a good tool skit since "Home Improvement".

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 10, 2006
  4. JustMe

    why? Guest

    On 10 Jul 2006 20:34:10 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >why? wrote:
    >>
    >> On 10 Jul 2006 05:41:59 -0700, JustMe wrote:
    >>
    >>>I need to migrate data .AND. shares from a Win2k Server to a Win2k3
    >>>Server. I know I can use Robocopy to get the data and the NTFS Folder
    >>>permissions but I don't get the shares. I'd prefer not to have to

    >><snip>
    >>
    >> Try the communities, tool skits, notes and migration info

    >Haven't seen a good tool skit since "Home Improvement".

    LOL, blame yet another new keyboard and going too fast.

    Me

    why?, Jul 11, 2006
  5. JustMe

    JustMe Guest

    why? wrote:
    > On 10 Jul 2006 05:41:59 -0700, JustMe wrote:
    >
    > >I need to migrate data .AND. shares from a Win2k Server to a Win2k3
    > >Server. I know I can use Robocopy to get the data and the NTFS Folder
    > >permissions but I don't get the shares. I'd prefer not to have to

    > <snip>
    >
    > Try the communities, tool skits, notes and migration info
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/upgrading/w2k/default.mspx
    >
    > Of if you hadn't thought of that, hire someone to do it for you.
    >
    > Me

    OK, thanks. I downloaded the whitepaper and will take a look at it.

    JustMe, Jul 19, 2006