migrating my old OE '98 to new pc OE with XP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Quiz Time, May 21, 2004.

  1. Quiz Time

    Quiz Time Guest

    How can i save my address book, inbox, accounts, etc etc

    I do have my password for my main user ID on my NTLWORLD email account, and
    I've set it up on my new pc,

    BUT.... On the old pc, I set up another ID (added another/alternate ntl user
    email addy) and started using it more than the main email address. For the
    life of me i can't remember the password i used to set it up.

    But its more important to get that email address back, than ever!

    I need to either retrieve the password or migrate the whole configurations
    from the old OE on the old system ('98), across to the new pc running XP

    Who knows what I could do to collect/send my mails from my preffered email
    address again?

    John
    Quiz Time, May 21, 2004

  2. Quiz Time

    Patrick Guest

    Quiz Time wrote:
    > How can i save my address book, inbox, accounts, etc etc
    >
    > I do have my password for my main user ID on my NTLWORLD email
    > account, and I've set it up on my new pc,
    >
    > BUT.... On the old pc, I set up another ID (added another/alternate
    > ntl user email addy) and started using it more than the main email
    > address. For the life of me i can't remember the password i used to
    > set it up.
    >
    > But its more important to get that email address back, than ever!
    >
    > I need to either retrieve the password or migrate the whole
    > configurations from the old OE on the old system ('98), across to the
    > new pc running XP
    >
    > Who knows what I could do to collect/send my mails from my preffered
    > email address again?
    >
    > John

    At below ntl-page, thiere is an an option,
    "If you have forgotten your password click here."

    It will just require your e-mail address and your password will be e-mailed
    to said address.

    http://www.ntlworld.com/help/customerServices/yourPassword.html

    Above page, reached from; ("Username & Password" under "Your Account" on
    ntl-homepage)
    Patrick, May 21, 2004

  3. Quiz Time

    Jimbo Guest

    YOU CANNOT. THEY ARE DIFFERENT MACHINES!

    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

    Jimbo, May 21, 2004
  4. Quiz Time

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Quiz Time" <> wrote in message
    > How can i save my address book, inbox, accounts, etc etc
    >
    > I do have my password for my main user ID on my NTLWORLD email account,

    and
    > I've set it up on my new pc,
    >
    > BUT.... On the old pc, I set up another ID (added another/alternate ntl

    user
    > email addy) and started using it more than the main email address. For the
    > life of me i can't remember the password i used to set it up.
    >
    > But its more important to get that email address back, than ever!
    >
    > I need to either retrieve the password or migrate the whole configurations
    > from the old OE on the old system ('98), across to the new pc running XP
    >
    > Who knows what I could do to collect/send my mails from my preffered email
    > address again?

    XP CD has a nice file transfer wizard to move your old pc files to the new.
    not to sure about the password issue but most web based email have an option
    to have your password sent to whatever email account you originally used by
    selecting "forgot password"

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, May 21, 2004
  5. Quiz Time

    Quiz Time Guest

    thanks for al lthe help guys, much appreciated!

    Quiz Time, May 22, 2004