    going to have to change all the share paths.

    Any help is much appreciated.

    Mike

    another MickG, Apr 19, 2006

  2. another MickG

    John Holmes Guest

    another MickG blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I am about to migrate over a thousand users from an old
    > NT server to a new 2K server. I have the Microsoft
    > migration tool to help me, but I need some extra
    > scripts to finish the job.
    >
    > I need a script that will find all users that have
    > their home share on "server-fs1-nt" and change it to
    > "server-fs1-2k".
    >
    > e.g. \\server-fs1-nt\JoeBloggs$ needs changing to
    > \\server-fs1-2k\JoeBloggs$
    >
    > At the moment I can't use DFS, so unfortunately I'm
    > going to have to change all the share paths.
    >
    > Any help is much appreciated.
    >
    > Mike

    Ask the administrator.

    --
    Your mother was a bulbous toilet cleaner who burnt rubber dog turds on
    tramp steamers.

    John Holmes, Apr 19, 2006

  3. another MickG

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:10:04 +0100, another MickG wrote:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I am about to migrate over a thousand users from an old
    > NT server to a new 2K server. I have the Microsoft
    > migration tool to help me, but I need some extra
    > scripts to finish the job.
    >
    > I need a script that will find all users that have
    > their home share on "server-fs1-nt" and change it to
    > "server-fs1-2k".
    >
    > e.g. \\server-fs1-nt\JoeBloggs$ needs changing to
    > \\server-fs1-2k\JoeBloggs$
    >
    > At the moment I can't use DFS, so unfortunately I'm
    > going to have to change all the share paths.
    >
    > Any help is much appreciated.
    >
    > Mike

    You won't find that level os sophisticated help here buddy. And although
    I've migrated a couple NT4 servers to W2K, it's been too long to offer any
    viable assistance. Maybe the Kadatchia Man can chime in here, he's the
    only one I can think of that could help you here in 24hour.

    Meat Plow, Apr 19, 2006
  4. Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:10:04 +0100, another MickG wrote:
    >
    >> Hi folks,
    >>
    >> I am about to migrate over a thousand users from an old
    >> NT server to a new 2K server. I have the Microsoft
    >> migration tool to help me, but I need some extra
    >> scripts to finish the job.
    >>
    >> I need a script that will find all users that have
    >> their home share on "server-fs1-nt" and change it to
    >> "server-fs1-2k".
    >>
    >> e.g. \\server-fs1-nt\JoeBloggs$ needs changing to
    >> \\server-fs1-2k\JoeBloggs$
    >>
    >> At the moment I can't use DFS, so unfortunately I'm
    >> going to have to change all the share paths.
    >>
    >> Any help is much appreciated.
    >>
    >> Mike

    > You won't find that level os sophisticated help here buddy. And although
    > I've migrated a couple NT4 servers to W2K, it's been too long to offer any
    > viable assistance. Maybe the Kadatchia Man can chime in here, he's the
    > only one I can think of that could help you here in 24hour.

    lol... Well I do like to offer a challenge

    :)

    another MickG, Apr 20, 2006