migrating ATM from 11.1 to 12.2

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by B Squared, Oct 12, 2005.

  1. B Squared

    B Squared Guest

    We have some old routers that are running IOS 11.1. We're
    upgrading these to newer systems that are running IOS 12.2
    Converting the most of the configuration was trivial, but I
    have a question about the ATM interfaces, which are OC3 fiber
    optic ports. Under 11.1 this was one of the configuration
    lines:

    rate queue 0 100

    That is, the first queue ran at 100Mbps, at least that's how
    I understand it. However, there is no "rate queue" command
    for ATM under 12.2. And looks like the interface in question
    has reverted to 10Mbps. Is the command "atm rate-limit" the
    replacement for "rate queue"? From the documentation I've
    read, it kinda looks that way. But there are lots more
    parameters, like separate commands for input and output,
    and configuring it is a bit more complicated.

    This added complexity aside, is "atm rate-limit" the
    replacement for the old "rate queue" command for ATM
    OC3 interfaces?

    Thanks for any help in advance.

    B Squared
    Immoral, adj. -- Inexpedient.