    Then, I would put the new image on and restore the user profile.

    Does anyone have any other suggestions?

    Thank you very much
    tom, Jun 16, 2005

  2. tom

    Richard Guest

    "tom" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am planning to migrate 100 computer from Win 2000 to Win XP.
    > My plan is to first make an Win XP image. Backup the user's profile onto

    > network drive then Ghost the entire C: drive.
    > Then, I would put the new image on and restore the user profile.
    >
    > Does anyone have any other suggestions?

    http://microsoft.com

    They detail exactly how to upgrade a large network.
    Richard, Jun 16, 2005

  3. tom

    Guest

    XP has to be installed on each computer. You cannot copy or image it
    from one to the other. XP looks at the serial number of the CPU, and
    chip set, as part of its security. It also needs to configure itself,
    to exactly match the computer that it is going in to. It is easy to do
    the upgrade, but an open license will be required for the number of
    computers allowed.

    Jerry G.
    ======
    , Jun 16, 2005
  4. tom

    pcbutts1 Guest

    WHAT? we imaged over 1000 pc's with the same image and we do about 4 to 5 a
    day now.

    pcbutts1, Jun 16, 2005
  5. tom

    John Holmes Guest

    blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > XP has to be installed on each computer. You cannot copy or image it
    > from one to the other. XP looks at the serial number of the CPU, and
    > chip set, as part of its security. It also needs to configure itself,
    > to exactly match the computer that it is going in to. It is easy to do
    > the upgrade, but an open license will be required for the number of
    > computers allowed.
    >
    > Jerry G.
    > ======

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    --
    Your mother was a twisted waitress who drew all her self-esteem from
    vodka in pawn shops.
    John Holmes, Jun 16, 2005