Mighy be futile!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by antwine, Jul 22, 2005.

  1. antwine

    antwine Guest

    For three days, not solid but frequently, I have searched the net for
    information concerning
    a dvd player 'Classic Mod: DVHE 150R'
    The distributor is listed as Mustek but they deny all connections with this
    unit.
    The DVD looks good and appears to be a well made unit but reviews go from
    one end to the other but
    generally about a 5 on a 1 to ten scale.
    It is a DVD and FM Radio combined
    Worn out 'google' and this is the very first time using google that I have
    been unsuccessful other
    than some people selling and one or 2 reviews.
    DVD NG's have proved negative. Manufacturers group search is fruitless.
    I think this is a fairly good player and I will continue to use it but I
    need the manual and a
    remote control.
    Please excuse me if you think I'm barking up the wrong NG - I have tried all
    the others
    and this group seems to come up with answers when others fail.
    My mother-in-law gave it to me - it there a message here?

    antwine, Jul 22, 2005

  2. antwine

    Old Gringo Guest

    antwine wrote:
    > For three days, not solid but frequently, I have searched the net for
    > information concerning
    > a dvd player 'Classic Mod: DVHE 150R'
    > The distributor is listed as Mustek but they deny all connections with this
    > unit.
    > The DVD looks good and appears to be a well made unit but reviews go from
    > one end to the other but
    > generally about a 5 on a 1 to ten scale.
    > It is a DVD and FM Radio combined
    > Worn out 'google' and this is the very first time using google that I have
    > been unsuccessful other
    > than some people selling and one or 2 reviews.
    > DVD NG's have proved negative. Manufacturers group search is fruitless.
    > I think this is a fairly good player and I will continue to use it but I
    > need the manual and a
    > remote control.
    > Please excuse me if you think I'm barking up the wrong NG - I have tried all
    > the others
    > and this group seems to come up with answers when others fail.
    > My mother-in-law gave it to me - it there a message here?

    Hope this will help you get started.
    http://www.emiglobal.com/faq/dvhe150r.html
    Good Luck

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Jul 22, 2005

  3. antwine

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > antwine wrote:
    >> For three days, not solid but frequently, I have searched the net for
    >> information concerning
    >> a dvd player 'Classic Mod: DVHE 150R'
    >> The distributor is listed as Mustek but they deny all connections with
    >> this unit.
    >> The DVD looks good and appears to be a well made unit but reviews go from
    >> one end to the other but
    >> generally about a 5 on a 1 to ten scale.
    >> It is a DVD and FM Radio combined
    >> Worn out 'google' and this is the very first time using google that I
    >> have been unsuccessful other
    >> than some people selling and one or 2 reviews.
    >> DVD NG's have proved negative. Manufacturers group search is fruitless.
    >> I think this is a fairly good player and I will continue to use it but I
    >> need the manual and a
    >> remote control.
    >> Please excuse me if you think I'm barking up the wrong NG - I have tried
    >> all the others
    >> and this group seems to come up with answers when others fail.
    >> My mother-in-law gave it to me - it there a message here?
    >>

    > Hope this will help you get started.
    > http://www.emiglobal.com/faq/dvhe150r.html
    > Good Luck

    Damn, you're good <g>!

    Toolman Tim, Jul 22, 2005
  4. antwine

    Old Gringo Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>antwine wrote:
    >>
    >>>For three days, not solid but frequently, I have searched the net for
    >>>information concerning
    >>>a dvd player 'Classic Mod: DVHE 150R'
    >>>The distributor is listed as Mustek but they deny all connections with
    >>>this unit.
    >>>The DVD looks good and appears to be a well made unit but reviews go from
    >>>one end to the other but
    >>>generally about a 5 on a 1 to ten scale.
    >>>It is a DVD and FM Radio combined
    >>>Worn out 'google' and this is the very first time using google that I
    >>>have been unsuccessful other
    >>>than some people selling and one or 2 reviews.
    >>>DVD NG's have proved negative. Manufacturers group search is fruitless.
    >>>I think this is a fairly good player and I will continue to use it but I
    >>>need the manual and a
    >>>remote control.
    >>>Please excuse me if you think I'm barking up the wrong NG - I have tried
    >>>all the others
    >>>and this group seems to come up with answers when others fail.
    >>>My mother-in-law gave it to me - it there a message here?
    >>>

    >>Hope this will help you get started.
    >>http://www.emiglobal.com/faq/dvhe150r.html
    >>Good Luck
    >>

    > Damn, you're good <g>!

    LMAO You are funny :)

    Old Gringo, Jul 22, 2005
  5. antwine

    Old Gringo Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>antwine wrote:
    >>
    >>>For three days, not solid but frequently, I have searched the net for
    >>>information concerning
    >>>a dvd player 'Classic Mod: DVHE 150R'
    >>>The distributor is listed as Mustek but they deny all connections with
    >>>this unit.
    >>>The DVD looks good and appears to be a well made unit but reviews go from
    >>>one end to the other but
    >>>generally about a 5 on a 1 to ten scale.
    >>>It is a DVD and FM Radio combined
    >>>Worn out 'google' and this is the very first time using google that I
    >>>have been unsuccessful other
    >>>than some people selling and one or 2 reviews.
    >>>DVD NG's have proved negative. Manufacturers group search is fruitless.
    >>>I think this is a fairly good player and I will continue to use it but I
    >>>need the manual and a
    >>>remote control.
    >>>Please excuse me if you think I'm barking up the wrong NG - I have tried
    >>>all the others
    >>>and this group seems to come up with answers when others fail.
    >>>My mother-in-law gave it to me - it there a message here?
    >>>

    >>Hope this will help you get started.
    >>http://www.emiglobal.com/faq/dvhe150r.html
    >>Good Luck
    >>

    > Damn, you're good <g>!

    FireFox taught me to Google :)

    Old Gringo, Jul 22, 2005
  6. antwine

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message

    >>>Hope this will help you get started.
    >>>http://www.emiglobal.com/faq/dvhe150r.html
    >>>Good Luck
    >>>

    >> Damn, you're good <g>!
    >>

    > FireFox taught me to Google :)

    Heh! On the computers I use, I have Google either as the home page, or I
    have their toolbar installed. I'd go nuts without it.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 23, 2005
  7. antwine

    Old Gringo Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Old Gringo" <> wrote in message

    >>>Damn, you're good <g>!
    >>>

    >>FireFox taught me to Google :)
    >>

    > Heh! On the computers I use, I have Google either as the home page, or I
    > have their toolbar installed. I'd go nuts without it.

    Next best thing next to P P P Peanut Butter. :)

    Old Gringo, Jul 23, 2005
  8. antwine

    gayruto Guest

    cool I guess

    gayruto, Jul 23, 2005
  9. antwine

    antwine Guest

    Old Gingo:
    You are something else.
    Please accept my thanks for your prompt and
    very helpful response.

    antwine, Jul 23, 2005
  10. antwine

    Old Gringo Guest

    antwine wrote:
    > Old Gingo:
    > You are something else.
    > Please accept my thanks for your prompt and
    > very helpful response.
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>antwine wrote:
    >>
    >>>For three days, not solid but frequently, I have searched the net for
    >>>information concerning
    >>>a dvd player 'Classic Mod: DVHE 150R'
    >>>The distributor is listed as Mustek but they deny all connections with
    >>>this unit.
    >>>The DVD looks good and appears to be a well made unit but reviews go from
    >>>one end to the other but
    >>>generally about a 5 on a 1 to ten scale.
    >>>It is a DVD and FM Radio combined
    >>>Worn out 'google' and this is the very first time using google that I
    >>>have been unsuccessful other
    >>>than some people selling and one or 2 reviews.
    >>>DVD NG's have proved negative. Manufacturers group search is fruitless.
    >>>I think this is a fairly good player and I will continue to use it but I
    >>>need the manual and a
    >>>remote control.
    >>>Please excuse me if you think I'm barking up the wrong NG - I have tried
    >>>all the others
    >>>and this group seems to come up with answers when others fail.
    >>>My mother-in-law gave it to me - it there a message here?
    >>>

    >>Hope this will help you get started.
    >>http://www.emiglobal.com/faq/dvhe150r.html
    >>Good Luck
    >>
    >>--
    >>Old Gringo George
    >>Magic Weaver Of Life
    >>Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >>Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>

    You are more than welcome, Good Luck in your quest.

    Old Gringo, Jul 23, 2005