    I really like MIE and would hate to have to can it just so I can take
    advantage of everything google offers.
    Joy
    Joy, Nov 20, 2004

  2. Joy

    Alex Axolotl Guest

    http://toolbar.google.com/
    http://www.google.com/options/defaults.html
    http://desktop.google.com
    Alex Axolotl, Nov 20, 2004

  3. Joy

    Dorado Guest

    Joy wrote:
    > Could someone please tell me how to enable the google plug in for MIE.
    >
    > Google also has a new search facility which I've just discovered and
    > it searches your own pc for files plus messages and web pages
    > visited. I'll need to enable that on MIE as well.
    >
    > I really like MIE and would hate to have to can it just so I can take
    > advantage of everything google offers.
    > Joy

    Are u refering to MyIE aka Maxthon?
    If you are then the new google toolbar is not compatible. They have an older
    version of the toolbar available for download at www.maxthon.com which you
    can use.
    Dorado, Nov 20, 2004
  4. Joy

    Joy Guest

    "Dorado" <> wrote in message
    > Joy wrote:
    >> Could someone please tell me how to enable the google plug in for MIE.
    >>
    >> Google also has a new search facility which I've just discovered and
    >> it searches your own pc for files plus messages and web pages
    >> visited. I'll need to enable that on MIE as well.
    >>
    >> I really like MIE and would hate to have to can it just so I can take
    >> advantage of everything google offers.
    >> Joy

    > Are u refering to MyIE aka Maxthon?
    > If you are then the new google toolbar is not compatible. They have an
    > older
    > version of the toolbar available for download at www.maxthon.com which you
    > can use.

    Yes I was referring to that, thanks.
    I guess that really downgrades MYIE2's usefullness.
    Am I right in asuming that MYIE2 protects a users privacy better than IE
    does?
    Joy
    Joy
    Joy, Nov 20, 2004
  5. Joy

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 10:34:18 +1300, Joy wrote:

    > Could someone please tell me how to enable the google plug in for MIE.
    >
    > Google also has a new search facility which I've just discovered and it
    > searches your own pc for files plus messages and web pages visited. I'll
    > need to enable that on MIE as well.

    Is that not a seperate programme?

    > I really like MIE and would hate to have to can it just so I can take
    > advantage of everything google offers.

    Put http://www.google.com into MSIE. Simple eh?

    Try Firefox, lose the bad parts of history.
    Gordon, Nov 21, 2004
  6. Joy

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:35:12 +1300, Joy wrote:

    > I guess that really downgrades MYIE2's usefullness.
    > Am I right in asuming that MYIE2 protects a users privacy better than IE
    > does?

    If Privacy is a concern to you, let MS go. Or anything based upon it.
    Gordon, Nov 21, 2004
  7. Joy

    Dorado Guest

    Joy wrote:
    > "Dorado" <> wrote in message
    >> Joy wrote:
    >>> Could someone please tell me how to enable the google plug in for
    >>> MIE.
    >>>
    >>> Google also has a new search facility which I've just discovered and
    >>> it searches your own pc for files plus messages and web pages
    >>> visited. I'll need to enable that on MIE as well.
    >>>
    >>> I really like MIE and would hate to have to can it just so I can
    >>> take advantage of everything google offers.
    >>> Joy

    >> Are u refering to MyIE aka Maxthon?
    >> If you are then the new google toolbar is not compatible. They have
    >> an older
    >> version of the toolbar available for download at www.maxthon.com
    >> which you can use.

    > Yes I was referring to that, thanks.
    > I guess that really downgrades MYIE2's usefullness.
    > Am I right in asuming that MYIE2 protects a users privacy better than
    > IE does?
    > Joy
    > Joy

    MyIE is only a front end for IE. it basically uses the same rendering
    engine, which means you have to make sure you have all the updates for IE
    installed.
    In terms of better security than IE, well MyIE has options to block ActiveX,
    filter Ads, disable popups etc.

    What specific functionality available in the Google bar is missing from
    MyIE? I haven't come across any problems with it so far.
    Dorado, Nov 21, 2004
  8. Joy

    Joy Guest

    "Dorado" <> wrote in message
    > Joy wrote:
    >> "Dorado" <> wrote in message

    >>> Are u refering to MyIE aka Maxthon?
    >>> If you are then the new google toolbar is not compatible. They have
    >>> an older
    >>> version of the toolbar available for download at www.maxthon.com
    >>> which you can use.

    >> Yes I was referring to that, thanks.
    >> I guess that really downgrades MYIE2's usefullness.
    >> Am I right in asuming that MYIE2 protects a users privacy better than
    >> IE does?
    >> Joy
    >> Joy

    > MyIE is only a front end for IE. it basically uses the same rendering
    > engine, which means you have to make sure you have all the updates for IE
    > installed.
    > In terms of better security than IE, well MyIE has options to block
    > ActiveX,
    > filter Ads, disable popups etc.
    >
    > What specific functionality available in the Google bar is missing from
    > MyIE? I haven't come across any problems with it so far.

    What about filtered searches? I'm not a powerful user, it takes a bit to get
    to know these programs. I liked google's advanced search facility.
    Joy
    Joy, Nov 21, 2004