    Thanks
    Cameron

    , Feb 24, 2007

  2. Wizard Guest

    wrote in news:1172325110.666699.253950
    @q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Hey guys
    >
    > I'm not too keen on the MIDI sounds in Vista, is there a way of
    > installing like another set of MIDI sounds onto my pc? Another bank?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Cameron

    I would have thought that the sounds would be the same regardless as its
    the same midi protocol. What are you useing to play them back with.
    Media Player or its new derivative will still use the standard sound set.
    Or do you mean the windows sounds scheme which is wav not midi?

    Wizard, Feb 25, 2007

  3. Guest

    On 25 Feb, 23:13, Wizard <> wrote:
    > wrote in news:1172325110.666699.253950
    > @q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Hey guys

    > > I'm not too keen on the MIDI sounds in Vista, is there a way of
    > > installing like another set of MIDI sounds onto my pc? Another bank?

    > > Thanks
    > > Cameron

    > I would have thought that the sounds would be the same regardless as its
    > the same midi protocol. What are you useing to play them back with.
    > Media Player or its new derivative will still use the standard sound set.
    > Or do you mean the windows sounds scheme which is wav not midi?

    No, I'm talking about like song composition MIDI, I would have thought
    it would be the same too as I always thought the sounds were derived
    from the sound card in my motherboard, apparently not the case, I'm
    using a program called Guitar Pro 5 for music composition and it just
    sounds really jumpy and some of the sounds are changed particularly in
    drums.

    , Mar 6, 2007
  4. WhzzKdd Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On 25 Feb, 23:13, Wizard <> wrote:
    >> wrote in news:1172325110.666699.253950
    >> @q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >>
    >> > Hey guys

    >> > I'm not too keen on the MIDI sounds in Vista, is there a way of
    >> > installing like another set of MIDI sounds onto my pc? Another bank?

    >> > Thanks
    >> > Cameron

    >> I would have thought that the sounds would be the same regardless as its
    >> the same midi protocol. What are you useing to play them back with.
    >> Media Player or its new derivative will still use the standard sound set.
    >> Or do you mean the windows sounds scheme which is wav not midi?

    > No, I'm talking about like song composition MIDI, I would have thought
    > it would be the same too as I always thought the sounds were derived
    > from the sound card in my motherboard, apparently not the case, I'm
    > using a program called Guitar Pro 5 for music composition and it just
    > sounds really jumpy and some of the sounds are changed particularly in
    > drums.

    Correct - MIDI sounds are generated by the sound card. I believe Vista
    itself has nothing to do with that. You might want to be asking your sound
    card manufacturer about updated drivers and/or alternate MIDI banks. It
    sounds to me like you are comparing current sounds with previous sounds on
    the same hardware, but with Vista installed instead of the previous OS? It
    is possible that an install of Vista would load "generic" drivers, causing
    the MIDI sounds to be different than the sound card originally generated.

    WhzzKdd, Mar 7, 2007