    Could someone please advise what progs are most suitable for this
    adventure.

    Jim McC

    J-McC, Dec 23, 2005

  2. J-McC

    Solar^ Guest

    On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:00:34 GMT, (J-McC)
    wrote:

    >I have a Casio 71 key keyboard (musical) and recently I bought a midi
    >interface cable to attatch it to my computer. I am running XP-Pro
    >SP2.
    >
    >What do I do to get it working? I want to be able to either play
    >music from the computer or record stuff from the keyboard.
    >I guess I need a driver. I had a quick look on microsoft site and
    >also Creative.
    >
    >Could someone please advise what progs are most suitable for this
    >adventure.
    >
    >Jim McC

    Greetings Jim,
    I too have a Midi keyboard, a Fatar to be exact. I connect it to an
    external systhesizer sound module called an Edirol SD-20. Both the
    keyboard and the sound module use a standard midi plug. The module is
    then connected to the computer via a USB cable. Since I don't know
    your sound card, I can't tell what's available as far as connections
    are concerned . There is an article
    http://music.casio.com/e/smf/connect.html , explaining the midi
    connections for a Sound Blaster card. I then use two programs,
    Band-in-a-Box, and Power Tracks Pro. Both available here
    www.pgmusic.com. Power Tracks Pro allows for inputing and editing
    from your keyboard. Band-in-a-Box is just a good program for
    developing first-class music. I believe that there is also connection
    help on the web-site and their Tech support is first class. Hope this
    advances your cause somewhat.
    Regards,
    Solar^

    Solar^, Dec 23, 2005

  3. J-McC

    Solar^ Guest

    On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:23:09 -0600, Solar^ <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:00:34 GMT, (J-McC)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I have a Casio 71 key keyboard (musical) and recently I bought a midi
    >>interface cable to attatch it to my computer. I am running XP-Pro
    >>SP2.
    >>
    >>What do I do to get it working? I want to be able to either play
    >>music from the computer or record stuff from the keyboard.
    >>I guess I need a driver. I had a quick look on microsoft site and
    >>also Creative.
    >>
    >>Could someone please advise what progs are most suitable for this
    >>adventure.
    >>
    >>Jim McC

    >Greetings Jim,
    >I too have a Midi keyboard, a Fatar to be exact. I connect it to an
    >external systhesizer sound module called an Edirol SD-20. Both the
    >keyboard and the sound module use a standard midi plug. The module is
    >then connected to the computer via a USB cable. Since I don't know
    >your sound card, I can't tell what's available as far as connections
    >are concerned . There is an article
    >http://music.casio.com/e/smf/connect.html , explaining the midi
    >connections for a Sound Blaster card. I then use two programs,
    >Band-in-a-Box, and Power Tracks Pro. Both available here
    >www.pgmusic.com. Power Tracks Pro allows for inputing and editing
    >from your keyboard. Band-in-a-Box is just a good program for
    >developing first-class music. I believe that there is also connection
    >help on the web-site and their Tech support is first class. Hope this
    >advances your cause somewhat.
    >Regards,
    >Solar^

    I have some examples of Midi music with my setup here at my website.
    Regards,
    Solar^

    http://rws1462.home.mchsi.com

    Solar^, Jan 3, 2006