    also works).

    Anybody an idea on how to fix this?

    Thanks, Hendrik

    Hendrik Maryns, Aug 17, 2005

  2. Hendrik Maryns

    Jedi Fans Guest

    Hendrik Maryns wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm rather new to Linux, but managed to install FF on it, everything
    > working fine except one very annoying thing: middle-clicking a tab to
    > close it does not work. Middle-clicking a link does open it in a new
    > tab, though, so it does recognise the clicking with the wheel (scrolling
    > also works).
    >
    > Anybody an idea on how to fix this?
    >
    > Thanks, Hendrik

    about:config in address bar hit enter filter for middle and its
    something like contentload or summin ;), toggle it to false

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SuSE Linux Professional 9.3, Mozilla Firefox

    Jedi Fans, Aug 17, 2005

  3. Hendrik Maryns

    JamesMZ Guest

    Hendrik Maryns wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm rather new to Linux, but managed to install FF on it, everything
    > working fine except one very annoying thing: middle-clicking a tab to
    > close it does not work. Middle-clicking a link does open it in a new
    > tab, though, so it does recognise the clicking with the wheel (scrolling
    > also works).
    >
    > Anybody an idea on how to fix this?
    >
    > Thanks, Hendrik

    Just type abou:config in location (address) bar and filter for
    middlemouse.contentLoadURL and set the Value to false.

    middlemouse.contentLoadURL
    Determines how to handle middle-clicks in the content area.
    True (default in Linux): Go to whatever address is currently in the
    clipboard
    False (default in all but Linux): Handle middle-clicks normally.

    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050817
    Firefox/1.0+ ID:2005081716

    JamesMZ, Aug 18, 2005
  4. Hendrik Maryns

    JamesMZ Guest

    oops...

    about:config

    if your familiar with about:blank for a blank page, then type
    about:config the same.

    JamesMZ, Aug 18, 2005
  5. JamesMZ schreef:
    > oops...
    >
    > about:config
    >
    > if your familiar with about:blank for a blank page, then type
    > about:config the same.

    I know about about:config and can see the logic behind the defaults, but
    being used to the other action...

    Thanks all!

    --
    Hendrik Maryns