    Win xp scanner and camera wizard says that it cannot find scanner or my
    digital camera which also works ok with its own software.Thanks for any
    help
    allang, Nov 20, 2004

  2. allang

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "allang" <> wrote in message
    news:cno1mn$6rp$...
    | Although this scanner works ok with its own wizard can anyone tell me why
    | Win xp scanner and camera wizard says that it cannot find scanner or my
    | digital camera which also works ok with its own software.Thanks for any
    | help

    *WHICH* Microtek scanner? Huh? I can't see your desk from here...

    But I'd hazard a guess that the scanner isn't fully MS/XP compatible. After
    all, why should it be - they wrote their own drivers for it...
    Toolman Tim, Nov 20, 2004

  3. allang

    allang Guest

    Sorry for lack of info Tim.It is Microtek Scanmaker 5600

    allang, Nov 20, 2004
  4. allang

    allang Guest

    Reinstalled Scanner for a third time and all ok now

    allang, Nov 20, 2004
  5. allang

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "allang" <> wrote in message
    | <<top posting fixed>>
    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "allang" <> wrote in message
    | > | Although this scanner works ok with its own wizard can anyone tell me
    | > why
    | > | Win xp scanner and camera wizard says that it cannot find scanner or
    my
    | > | digital camera which also works ok with its own software.Thanks for
    any
    | > | help
    | > |

    | > *WHICH* Microtek scanner? Huh? I can't see your desk from here...
    | >
    | > But I'd hazard a guess that the scanner isn't fully MS/XP compatible.
    | > After
    | > all, why should it be - they wrote their own drivers for it...
    | >

    | Sorry for lack of info Tim.It is Microtek Scanmaker 5600

    That looks like it should be new enough, but again, not all manufacturers
    choose to make their hardware/software compatible with all MS specs.
    Honestly, I've never bothered with MS's scanner/camera wizard.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 20, 2004
  6. allang wrote:

    > Although this scanner works ok with its own wizard can anyone tell me why
    > Win xp scanner and camera wizard says that it cannot find scanner or my
    > digital camera which also works ok with its own software.Thanks for any
    > help

    Scanner Model / Connection?

    --

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)
    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Nov 22, 2004