    To me it's like they threw this whole thing together with little or no
    planning. To me it's a screwed up mess. I sincerely hope this is not
    an example of "Microsoft' Finest!"
    Bobby Johnson, Aug 21, 2010

  2. Bobby Johnson

    barb bowman Guest

    don't use the web site. get v40 http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/ and use
    your favorite news reader

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 14:27:08 -0400, Bobby Johnson
    <> wrote:

    >The biggest irritation about Microsoft's new Social Forums is they
    >apparently can't afford competent IT people, adequate hardware, and a
    >reliable operating system to keep it running properly. I get more
    >errors trying to open pages and posting to them that any other website I
    >have ever been to.
    >
    >To me it's like they threw this whole thing together with little or no
    >planning. To me it's a screwed up mess. I sincerely hope this is not
    >an example of "Microsoft' Finest!"

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com
    barb bowman, Aug 22, 2010

  3. Agreed!

    Charlie. (Who is finally back connected with the new machine. Thank goodness
    for XPMode.)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2010
  4. Bobby Johnson

    barb bowman Guest

    barb bowman, Aug 23, 2010
  5. Back to normalcy. If you're going to shut down your Hyper-V parent, and you
    expect to start up normally, it's generally a good idea to unplug the backup
    USB drive if you've done something stupid like set it to boot off USB disks
    first. DOH!

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/Russel

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Aug 23, 2010
  6. Post your feedback here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/answersfeedback/threads

    PA Bear [MS-MVP], Aug 26, 2010
  7. Bobby Johnson

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Bear.

    I've seen your identical posts here (and elsewhere) several times. Did
    someone at Microsoft ask you to post these?

    That link to the Answers.Feedback forum is USELESS! :>(

    As the second "Sticky" post there (posted by Barb Winter, MSFT,
    Administrator,. on May 11, 2009!) says:
    "Technical questions are NOT answered in this forum; they are moved."

    Still, it seems that 99% of the posts there ARE about tech issues.
    Sometimes they are moved, but many times the poster is simply told to "find
    the more-appropriate forum". Links to the Forums are, at best, simply
    pointers to a field of haystacks where we are invited to pick one, more or
    less at random, to search for our needles. And, if it is a question that
    would normally be posted to THIS "windows.64bit.general" newsgroup, there is
    NO appropriate forum at all.

    THAT's what we've been concerned about for months here. MSFT has not seen
    fit to create such an appropriate 64-bit forum.

    Don't take this personally, Bear. I know you are a Good Guy and One of Us.
    But you probably haven't seen the messages here about this "Where does THIS
    newsgroup go?" issue over the past months. We've been trying hard to get a
    suitable forum established, with no positive response from The Powers That
    Be. Keith Combs and a few others did respond a month or two ago, but
    whatever effort they made must have died on the vine because we've heard
    nothing about it in several weeks now. Looks like they just waited until
    the hubbub died down and then went ahead with what they had planned all
    along.

    If you have a link to THE RIGHT FORUM, we'd LOVE to have it! But please
    don't send us to Answers.Feedback again.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate x64

    R. C. White, Aug 26, 2010