    country the industry still prefers the qualifications that
    i desire so is there any thing i could do.

    reply to
    Boogghy, Sep 11, 2004

  2. Boogghy

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Policies are simple... the current certifications being offered are for the
    application dev platform microsoft would like everyone to use.

    Either way .net is way better than either dev using DNA... so right now the
    only certifications being offered are .net related. or current products
    related. not something thats dated and marked for discontinuation

    Please get on with .net programming... you can continue to take advantage of
    your current skills as they will still be used to support and bug fix.. but
    you unfortunately cannot certify on those products any more

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 11, 2004

  3. Boogghy

    Brad Guest

    I know it may seem like a bum rap to have two exams down and the rest are
    discontinued, but in the future if you keep with with trends and
    announcements at MS website, this newsgroup and other places, you'll find MS
    generally announce exam retirements a year or more in advance.

    As far as there being anything that you can do... no not really. The exams
    you did pass are still valid on your transcript, but if the exams you still
    need are retired, then that is that.

    Here is the current retirment list (they all retired in June):

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.asp

    Brad, Sep 11, 2004
  4. Cindy, I hope you're not caught up in yet another hurricane!

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:06:12 -0700, "Boogghy"
    <> wrote:

    >When microsoft stops or ceaese certain exams and
    >qualifications from continuing does that mean that the
    >stopped qualification cannot be studied for and that there
    >will be no exams posted on that qualification any more.
    >the reason why iam asking is because of here in our
    >country the industry still prefers the qualifications that
    >i desire so is there any thing i could do.
    >
    >reply to

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 12, 2004
  5. Boogghy

    Hermit Dave Guest

    actually she hasn't been around for a while...

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 12, 2004
  6. >actually she hasn't been around for a while...

    that's what I mean!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 12, 2004
  7. Hi Kline Sphere,

    Thanks for thinking of me; I'm in North Carolina USA so Ivan hasn't hit here
    (yet). Sometimes I just have other stuff that has to get done.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Sep 13, 2004